It Project Manager
Portsmouth - This Area Only
£26 - £30/hour
Temporary (Full time)
IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager will manage IT Workstreams and Projects throughout the end to end lifecycle management, for a range of projects. You will manage the requirements gathering along with technical colleagues to ensure that all Project Management controls are in place and are being adhered to in line with the Digital Strategy and Design Principles. Working in collaboration with clinicians, staff and other enabling functions to lead digital transformation across the Organisation.
Temporary: Expected to last 6 months with possible extension
Hours per week: hours per week
Salary: £30 per hour (Umbrella) or £26 per hour (PAYE)
Main duties of the job
* Reporting to the IT Programme Manager as part of a team of Project Managers the post holder is accountable for the detailed planning and delivery of IT projects.
* To manage the delivery of IT projects and tasks, as agreed with the IT Programme Manager and Deputy CIO (Digital)
* To ensure project objectives and schedules are achieved on time and to budget.
* To support the Digital and Divisional Teams in the assessment, procurement or development, and delivery of IT Projects.
* To advise and support the Digital Programme on a broad range of technical and clinical project tasks, highlighting issues, developing options-based solutions and take appropriate actions to ensure successful results.
* Conduct project feasibility reviews of proposed IT developments as required, consulting with reviewers of similar projects and the PMO to avoid duplication and develop common approaches
* Manage through to successful delivery allocated clinical IT projects, or IT components of business change projects, to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and cost-efficiency of Trust services.
* Ensure Trust and IT Department project management processes are followed so that project budgets, timescales, quality, staff resources and achievement of benefits are adequately monitored and controlled and Trust and NHS standing financial instructions, policies and procedures are scrupulously complied with