PRU Support Worker
Newham, Northumberland, England
£70.00 to £85.00
Unspecified (Full time)
Salary: £70 - 85 per day
Reference: MXL SENSW17603
PRU Support Worker
London Borough of Newham
£70 - £85 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is relevant experience working with SEN children.
Start date: ASAP
Smart Teachers are seeking to assist a reputable school in the London Borough of Newham to recruit a Support Worker to join their experienced and supportive team in a Secondary Pupil Referral Unit. Relevant experience is essential for this rewarding and exciting role.
Successful candidates will be working either one to one or in a small setting, with students ranging from ages 11 -16 that have specific needs. Whilst you will be working closely with the class teachers and supporting where needed, you will also be expected to be a proactive individual who has confidence to take the initiative with situations as and when they arise.
To be considered for the SEN Support Worker position, you will:
• Have experience of working in a nurturing environment
• Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN Team on#########
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.