C# Developer - Whitstable | Zoek UK | 2505f6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Whitstable, Kent, England
£40000 - £48000/annum + benefits listed
Permanent (Full time)
C Developer - based in Whitstable, Kent (with flexible home working)
Paying up to £45,000 plus benefits including Private Medical, 5% matched Pension Scheme, 4 x Salary Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays), plus more
This is an opportunity to join a company who is extremely well established yet has shown consistent growth and opportunity.
A strong C Application Developer is required to join a highly experienced existing team and work on the companies Motor and Home insurance claims application suite. This comprises of bespoke solutions, built and maintained in-house and contains various applications that service the insurer for both claims, and underwriting processes so any industry knowledge is also valuable but not essential.
The potential candidate would have experience of Microsoft stack application development including C , .Net Framework and Core, MVC & SQL and be looking to expand their knowledge of cloud first development with Azure serverless functions and Azure Service Bus.
As a member of one of our exciting and collaborative teams you will be responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle from estimation of backlog items thru development, defect resolution and delivery into the production environment. You will work closely with business stakeholders, rectifying technical issues, and collaborate on design and improvement of our applications.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
* Develop and implement new software applications
* Improve and refactor existing applications
* Test and deploy updates
* Recommend improvements to be included in sprints
* Keep up to date with development technologies
* Collaborate with team members
* Liaise with colleagues in IT, other departments and 3rd parties as required to resolve blockers and progress deliveries as necessary
* Problem resolution for applications in live and test environments as needed
Essential Skills and Knowledge
* Strong commercial experience of server-side development with C , MVC with .Net Framework & .Net Core, Razor and SQL Server is essential.
* Microsoft Azure development with serverless functions and Azure Service Bus is beneficial but not essential.
* Experience of using Azure Portal and any previous experience with Docker and Kubernetes is beneficial.
* Practical experience developing and problem-solving a variety of web-service standards, mainly REST/JSON with WebAPI and some legacy XML/SOAP using WCF.
* Knowledge and exposure to Azure Functions, BLOB & Table storage as well as Service Bus queues would be extremely useful in this role.
* Experience of consuming and building APIs in Azure using tools such as Swagger and Postman would be desirable for all new applications and newer existing solutions.
* Familiarity with continuous integration and DevOps principles such as deployment automation solutions including Azure DevOps pipeline would be ideal.
* Front-end web application UI development experience including HTML5, CSS3, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap 3 & 4 as well as front-end development pipeline tech such as NPM, Gulp, WebPack would be advantageous.
* Use of modern source control systems such as Git, including GitFlow & Pull Requests / Peer Reviews would be expected.
* Any previous industry knowledge of insurance processes (Claims and Underwriting) would be extremely useful.
* They are looking for proactive candidates with an attention to detail, ability to analyse and learn.
* You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels.
* You will be involved in a variety of tasks ranging from application design, development and diagnosis.
* As a candidate you will have experience of working in an Agile team and have an inquisitive mind-set and excellent problem-solving skills.
* You should have good time management and be able to manage workloads appropriately.
* Good analytical and decision making skills are essential to provide good business value and ensure that our products are of high technical standard.
If you are an experienced Developer with the listed skills and experience, then please apply now to find out more