Account Manager - Basingstoke | Zoek UK | 250e0e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our core business is the distribution of products and services from the world’s leading and emerging technology companies. Some 1,400 of them. Many of them such as Samsung, Microsoft, Dell EMC and Google are well-known and respected brands. We sell and distribute their products, solutions and services through a network of more than 50,000 resellers and retailers, globally, who in turn sell these to consumers, small businesses and large corporations. We specialise in a number of technology areas including - consumer, mobile, business, AV, enterprise and IT supplies.
We are recruiting for an Account Manager to join our team based in the Basingstoke office.
Our team are hardworking, friendly and respectful and use their skills within sales to manage their account bases of up to 18 accounts. They engage with their customers, vendors and our internal commercial teams on a regular basis and hold detailed calls with their accounts, gaining a strong understanding of their customers' businesses.
We are looking for someone with a background in SMB sales and a strong work ethic who is looking for that next development opportunity within sales. You will be successful within this role if you are driven and keen to develop and learn.
* Managing own performance against key performance indicators; including but not limited to Gross Profit, call activity, margin and traded accounts with the support of the Sales Manager
* Lead sourcing and qualifying new accounts with the potential to do business with Exertis
* Targeting and profiling potential leads to establish opportunities for new business and encourage new customers to open an account with Exertis
* Building relationships with the key stakeholders in the account base – maintaining regular contact to Introduce new manufacturers, products and technologies to Exertis customers to achieve sales growth
* Developing and demonstrating industry leading product knowledge and proactively keeping abreast of new trends / products in the market by attending product and vendor training, researching and self-study
* Engaging the Sales Manager, vendors and / or the commercial team to identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business
* Identifying accounts with significant profit or product opportunity warranting additional support or focus and arranging visits for the BDM and / or Sales manager
* Working with the Sales Manager to review the factors affecting target achievement such as non-traders, stock availability and competition to revise the approach and take appropriate action where necessary
* Demonstrating high levels of motivation to drive towards targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis ensuring consistently high levels of team morale
* Building internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments such as Commercial, Customer Service and Credit Control
* Working towards performance objectives agreed with the Sales Manager and taking appropriate action on any feedback on performance
* Taking accountability for opportunities and training to develop skills, knowledge and behaviour according to the personal development plan (PDP) agreed with the Sales Manager
* Maintaining a high performing work ethic in line with company values and management expectations
* Resolving internal and external issues promptly and professionally - escalating to the Sales manager where necessary
* Using the internal systems to track performance
* Developing the skills to deliver ad hoc presentations where required such as covering for the Sales Manager or at customer meetings
* Attending side by side coaching sessions with the Sales manager. Agreeing and completing SMART objectives to increase productivity and improve performance
* Attending daily team meetings to learn about incentives and promotions and to communicate important product messages to entire account base
* Gathering and recording accurate, timely and relevant CRM data in order for it to be used to develop stronger relationships and maximise profit opportunity
* Maintaining electronic price feeds to customers through the internal system to ensure that all prices are up to date and accurate and that the correct margin parameters are in place
* Driving the web proposition of Exertis by educating customers about the web offering, signing new customers up to trade through the Exertis website
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
* Sales experience
* Strong relationship building skills
* Organised and able to manage time effectively
What’s in it for you
It’s important to us that our people love what they do and in turn we put together a benefits package that rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
* 23 days holiday from start increasing up to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
* Private medical insurance
* Access to a Cash plan provided by Healthshield
* Income protection scheme (including access to a wellness early intervention scheme)
* Access to cycle to work scheme
* Employee assistance programme
* Death in service
* Holiday purchase scheme
* Loyalty award at key service milestones
* Enhanced, Maternity, Shared Parental, Paternity and Adoption pay
We value diversity and inclusion and champion a culture where everyone feels valued, included and celebrated. We’re open to conversations about flexible working. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do what we can to support it