Material Controller - Basildon | Zoek UK | 251022
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Basildon, Essex, England
Permanent (Full time)
Leonardo is recruiting for a Material Controller to control the Supply of manufactured and purchased items in a timeframe that supports the Master
Production Schedule (MPS), ensuring that all material in supply chain is at an appropriate build standard and available to meet the time driven requirements of the manufacturing plan .
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
* Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
* Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
* Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
o Carers (employees caring for families or friends)
o Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
o Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
o Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
o We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
* Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
* Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
* Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Gold Award
* Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
* Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi daysTo find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: (url removed)/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
Control the supply of manufactured and purchased
items in a timeframe that supports the Master
Production Schedule (MPS) ensuring that all material in
supply chain is at an appropriate build standard and
available to meet the time driven requirements of the
manufacturing plan Maintain material status within
SAP expediting internal make and external supply
items to ensure compliance to plan. Monitor output
from the SAP plan and report on non-compliance.
What you will do
Interface with Manufacturing & Supply Chain and Procurement to facilitate progress to completion of WIP or delivery of materials in accordance with required schedule
Co-ordinate supplier scheduling that may be impacting progress to completion of material to the plan
Review , release and manage internal work orders in line with the plan
Control of RTV material logistics from shop-floor back to supplier.
Implement of FRB/MRB actions.
Delivery of kits to and from the line .
Call off material from suppliers to the plan convert to
PO's against procurement enabled PIR's or SAP contracts.
Advise relevant internal stakeholders when delays likely to impact achievement of MPS, proposing reprioritisation of work within the plan and solve problems
Control supplier schedule/expediting priorities considering impact on other projects involving the same supplier. Escalate via Procurement if contractual impact
Initiation of shipping process
Administer & reschedule production orders.
Attends & contributes to production reviews.
Key member of IPT.(Integrated Project Team)
Work closely with Manufacturing Management, QA,
Project Management, Planning and Logistics
Monitor output from the SAP plan and report on non-compliance.
Maintain material status within SAP expediting internal make and external supply items to ensure compliance to plan.
What we are looking for
We will need you to have
- Proven technical experience, either through qualification or recognised training and experience in a production control environment
- Experience of material planning and control environments.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, assembly & test environments.
- Experience of SAP material control preferable,
You will be a self-motivated person used to working to a high degree of accuracy and with good personal organisational skills