IT Product Manager - Coventry - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 25146d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Product Manager
Coventry - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
- IT Product Manager Role Profile (/media/2311/it-product- "IT Product Manager")
- Disclosure Questions (/media/1512/disclosure- "Disclosure questions")
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
As IT Product Manager you will be part of the IT senior management team where you will be accountable for leading, formulating and implementing the company’s future IT strategy as well as operating and maintaining the existing systems and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for:
Working hand in hand with colleagues to ensure the seamless provision of IT to drive maximum business benefit
Focusing on the business and our customers to ensure business needs and requirements are turned into solutions
Building strong relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor/partner and drive opportunities to improve service offerings
Focusing on key operation systems to be responsible for maintaining, reporting, developing and owning issues with regards to business SLA’s
Leading the strategy and transformation for the operations team in conjunction with business change
Leading and managing Corporate IT Product domain to drive continuous improvement, maximise efficiencies
Developing resource plans and delivering project and initiatives
Define, communicate and execute a robust Domain strategy, whilst ensuring that the stability of current operations are maintained and that the operating model, service levels, resources and cost-base are fit for purpose to support Orbit’s strategy.
Promote digital workplace & collaboration capabilities and common approaches to reduce costs and improve business efficiency within the Orbit environment.
Understand business activities and its ambitions, strategically, commercially and culturally, so as to ensure the effective and timely provision of technology to support Orbit’s agreed strategy.
Establish and improve service delivery levels for both current and future products & platforms, and formulate a shared service approach for all business units.
Understand customer needs, validate solutions, and serve as primary product expert
Lead product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map.
Drive product development with internal teams and external vendors
Lead a team/virtual team, with the support of the Architects, Business Change & Service Delivery for Orbit. Ensure both internal resources and 3rd party partners have the capability to deliver against the plan.
Identify and implement continuous improvement to products and services to maximise adoption & value from investments.
Ongoing horizon scanning of relevant technologies and how these may impact in-flight innovation initiatives.
Manage stakeholders’ expectations in relation to deliverables and identify risks on innovation.
Ensuring projects are delivered on time and budget, to the agreed methodology, quality standards and specification in conjunction with the Business Change team.
Engage with senior business and IT stakeholders to ensure that solutions support business outcomes and can be easily communicated and understood.
Accountable for ensuring effective contracts are in place for all Orbit IT systems and are well managed and delivering to required standards.
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven delivery capability of complex multi-dimensional transformation change projects and programmes; Experience leading Digital transformation and managing large teams.
- Delivery of entire technology based products from start to finish
- Excellent business relationship management skill to successfully interact with senior Business and IT stakeholders to build IT strategies and roadmaps that support business models and outcomes
- Experience in the use of agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Sound understanding of disruptive technologies and innovation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences including senior executives, business, architecture, programme managers etc
- Experience of leading diverse teams, vendor staff management, mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance
- Experience of supporting/leading in a D365 CE / CRM /Housing systems environment
- Operations and CRM management awareness/background.
It will be desirable if you also have:
- IT Product management experience
- Experience in the use of agile development methodologies
- Experience working within Social Housing sector
- Experience of IT application support best working practices
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability. As part of our Armed Forces Covenant commitment, we welcome ex-services professionals to consider career opportunities at Orbit.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balanceour view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme ThisIsMe, our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
Application deadline: 30/08/2021 at 9am