Buyer - Peterborough | Zoek UK | 251de9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Location: Peterborough (with some remote working)
Duration: Start ASAP for 12 months
Are you a Procurement professional with good technical purchasing skills, supplier management skills and strong negotiation skills? Would you like to work with a global leader in the field? Prior experience within a manufacturing environment would be great and even better if you are MCIPS qualified!
Purpose of the role
- Purchases assigned items and executes buying strategies in accordance with agreed upon material buying plans at the optimum cost.
- Analyses sourcing information and presents findings for process improvement while maintaining high quality product and/or service delivery.
- Procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods; places purchase orders with vendors.
- Analyses purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high quality goods and services.
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing leaders.
- Consistently applies sourcing policies, procedures and processes.
- Supports Six Sigma projects through active team membership or provision of data and market intelligence.
- Interacts with suppliers with regard to payments and order fulfilment.
- Collects/validates relevant supplier score card data.
- Provides delivery/expediting support to the plant/site during supplier issues.
- Supports management and execution of engineering releases
Submit your CV now to be considered for this fantastic 12 month opportunity with a leading global manufacturer.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.!