Technical Finance Officer - Colwick | Zoek UK | 251f45
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Finance Officer
Colwick, Nottinghamshire, England
£28000 - £38000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
SAAF Education is a key strategic partner to a vast array of schools and academies and due to the continued demand for our services we are expanding our team. We are looking for a talented team player who can communicate effectively at all levels and support schools and academies with their technical finance needs, including finance system configuration, advanced / bespoke system security and supporting with day-to-day finance and software support queries.
The role entails oversight of the technical / finance helpdesk, resolving both day-to-day finance and technical queries, but also planning and completing discreet technical finance system projects for clients.
Although we are looking for someone with the right qualifications, we are interested in hearing from passionate people with the right attitude and experience, alongside a flexible and solution focused proactive mindset.
* Day to day oversight of the technical / finance helpdesk
* Supervision of Technical Assistant
* Advising Technical Assistant on how to respond to client queries
* Supporting clients with day to day general 'how to’ finance and technical queries
* Supporting clients with posting queries including reversals and amendments
* Supporting clients with bank reconciliation balancing, VAT processing and other finance related queries
* Supporting clients with finance software configuration
* Assisting clients with nominal & ledger maintenance and advising on best practice and the SAAF Standard
* Supporting clients with finance software upgrades or finance software replacements
* General day to day finance support including support with journals including payroll, VAT, purchase and sales ledger queries
* Strong technical finance / IT background
* Excellent customer relationship management knowledge
* Technical working knowledge of multiple systems . IRIS Financials / Sage / Cintra / Civica etc with the ability to transfer skills from one package to another
* Highly skilled in using Microsoft business applications including Excel
· Proven experience working in the finance technical arena
* Experience of a customer focused role
* Experience of SQL Server
* Experience of finance system workflows
* Experience in importing and exporting to / from finance systems
* Experience in system configuration
* Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
* Degree in Computer Science or qualified by experience