Assistant Estimator - Warrington - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 252d91
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Warrington - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Salary negotiable, car allowance, pension, 25 days holiday
Our Assistant Estimator role is with an established main construction contractor based in the Warrington/Widnes/Runcorn catchment area.
The role Is working and learning from an established team of Estimators and Commercial professionals.
The work type is very varied from Education, Health, Leisure, Industrial, Housing contracts varying in value up to £5m, so a good opportunity for an Assistant Estimator.
Key duties are;
* Prepare subcontract tender packages and send out to approved supply chain
* Carry out analysis of received tender documents, do take-offs of information, highlight any omissions or errors
* Learn the process and tender reviews and how to resolve any issues that have been identified
* Help with the preparation of clear, accurate tender information in accordance with the client's requirements for review by senior staff
* Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from construction specialists and suppliers
* Handover tender information to the construction and surveying team in accordance with company procedure documents and review rates with team members
* Liaise with technical representatives on products/plant Involved in assessment of different options and solutions
* Attend pre-tender and post-tender meetings when required
* Attend site meetings when required
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* Support the senior staff
The business will look at individuals from a Quantity Surveying or pure Estimating background