Human Resources - Greater London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 2534d3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Human Resources Business Partner
Greater London - This Area Only
£42000 - £45000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to support the delivery of an operational and strategic HR service, this role will work directly with Senior Managers, management teams and other internal and external stakeholders across a range of HR activity to provide accurate HR advice in a timely manner. Working consultatively and in partnership with key stakeholders across Head Office and the depots to deliver a value-added service that reflects the critical business objectives of the organisation.
* Provide timely, accurate and robust advice and guidance on complex HR issues including, but not limited to disciplinary, capability, grievance, absence management and organisational change
* Take a leading role in restructuring and change programmes including project planning and coordination of severance / VR processes ensuring legislative and statutory requirements are taken into account at all times
* Provide assistance, guidance and support to investigating managers during complex employment relation cases including supporting or presenting information during formal hearings
* Handling of responses and preparation for Employment Tribunal cases, including liaison with employment lawyers and ACAS, seeking alternative resolution where appropriate. Making sound judgements and managing risk appropriately
* Support organisation wide initiatives to improve the wellbeing and engagement of teams and individuals, as well as working with local management teams to identify local issues requiring bespoke support or intervention
* Take a lead role in the innovation of HR practice, policies, procedures and management toolkits / guidance, carrying out effective horizon scanning to identify future developments
* Detailed knowledge and experience of advising directly on a range of HR, management and Employee Relations issues within a complex organisation
* Ability to manage and mitigate risk, in an employee relations context, based on a highly developed understanding of relevant employment legislation and high quality case planning
* Experience of supporting line managers to continuously improve employee performance and to effectively manage organisational change
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Strong influencing style, articulate and confident, comfortable in liaising with senior level stakeholders
* Ability to think and act strategically whilst maintaining a pragmatic perspective
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport when meeting new people and adapt your style to suit the situation
Established in 1976, Bestway Wholesale has grown to become the UK’s largest independent food and drink wholesaler, we also operate in Banking, Cement and Heath Care Sectors with UBL Bank, Bestway Cement and Well Pharmacy.
Our mission is to be the ‘Best Way to Grow your Food and Drinks Business’.
With 58 depots spanning the length and breadth of the UK, Bestway Wholesale is a supply partner to over 70,000 independent retailers and 40,000 catering and foodservice operators.
We have scale and purchasing power to help our customers compete in an ever-changing market. In addition to supplying to thousands of convenience stores, Bestway Wholesale also operates the award-winning Best-one symbol group which has 1,400 members across the country and over 3,500 independent retailers have chosen our depot-run promotion club, Xtra Local, as their retail club of choice.
Through the acquisition of Costcutter Supermarkets Group into our Bestway Retail Division, our annual wholesale turnover has grown to c£3b per year.
Bestway Retail now supports nearly 3000 symbol retailers as well as operating over 400 franchised stores, and over 170 company owned stores throughout England and Wales, we employ over 2500 colleagues who enable us to provide a great local retail service in our communities.
We own the UKs largest franchised off license and convenience chains which encompasses the brands Bargain Booze, Wine Rack, Select Convenience and Central Convenience. Our vision is to be the best value off licence led convenience retailer and wholesaler.
Both retailers and suppliers are supported by this new additional scale of the combined business, with the collaborative partnership approach making Bestway the partner of choice for growing sales in the convenience market.
Join us and you will be joining our fast-paced business, entrepreneurial and dynamic business. It's an incredibly exciting time to join us in this new venture