Principal Cost - Barrow-in-Furness - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 253af8
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Principal Cost Estimator
Barrow-in-Furness - This Area Only
£ 45.00 - £ 50.00 Per Hour
Permanent (Full time)
Principal Cost Estimator
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Principal Cost Estimator.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to manage and undertake the compilation of estimates and other detailed costing information as part of the Cost Engineering function in support of estimating, pricing and tendering activities.
- Preparation and agreement (both internal and external) of costed commercial proposals.
- Manage the Cost Engineering inputs for the LCM and Tender Vet processes.
- Manage the application of QMAC within cost engineering.
- Deliver cost engineering support to all functions. Adopt clear understandings with suppliers, both technical and commercial to ensure the business arrangements contain minimum risk.
- Analyse out-turn records to enable reconciliation with the contract price.
- Manage the costing of change proposals.
- Manage and advise man-hour budgeting to production departments.
- Manage the development of bills of materials, quantities and norms.
- Manage and develop customer relationships both internal and external, and negotiate with all customers.
Identify and interpret customer requirements, both Technical and Commercial.
- Provide advice to the cost engineers and the business on estimating/pricing/contract terms/inflation and variation of price issues as they relate to bidding and performing contracts.
Implement procedures and controls within the specified area to ensure compliance with commercial policies.
- Manage and resolve customer queries and issues in areas of responsibility, escalating significant problems as appropriate and highlighting trends and emerging issues.
- Carry out pricing forecasts and analysis.
- Preparations of generic information from direct source or other departments to assist the commercial function maintain a consistent approach.
- Manage the implementation of new systems/processes in relevant areas ensuring uniformity of processes across the whole of cost engineering.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation . Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to adhere to all quality and HS&E rules and control measures.
Key skills & qualifications
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Consistently produces documentation to the expected levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude to work.
- Educated to HNC Level or equivalent in a technical/operational skill set or appropriate relevant experience.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the Submarine processes interfacing with the Cost Engineering function
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft packages
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Please be advised - Various Shifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply. Nightshift / Backshift or any other shift pattern that the business requires.
Rate: £ per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.