Residential Support Worker - Redhill | Zoek UK | 254723
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Residential Support Worker
Redhill, Surrey, England
£21500 - £27000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
OFSTED REGISTERED CHILDREN'S HOME. SENIOR AND SUPPORT ROLES AVAILABLE
Opportunity for an experienced support worker or senior support worker to work within an Ofsted registered children's home in Redhill where you will be supporting young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The residents will often be from abusive backgrounds and may be abusive themselves. Most young people accommodated in the home will also have had a disrupted education and will exhibit emotional and behavioural difficulties and will often be poorly adjusted for their age or the requirement placed upon them. This is a small home for 6 young people.
* OCR Level 3 if not already achieved.
* 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Extra pay for working a bank holiday.
* Perk Box - employee discounts.
* Regular salary progression.
* Full Orientation & Induction programme provided.
* Enhanced occupational sick leave.
* Extensive training offered.
* Commitment to continuing learning & development opportunities throughout your career.
Support Worker Role
* Dealing with challenging behaviour (verbally abusive, possibly threatening behaviour)
* Requirement for positive role modelling at all times and maintaining a consistency of approach
* Dealing with constantly changing guidelines, procedures etc, that are being presented by our Governing Body
* Develop a functional approach in young people who are likely to have been rejected or have serious issues in coming to terms with their behaviour
* Support the young people to have equal opportunities to develop their independence & social skills in preparation for adult life.
* Liaise with parents, carers, other 3rd parties and the staff team.
* To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
* Ensuring placement plans are followed, policies, procedures, risk assessments and rotas are in place and education is supported.
Support worker shifts are made up of long days and lates on a rota basis. Some shifts will include sleep ins. You will work on a 3 week rolling rota.
Please send across your CV now to be considered for this exciting opportunity