Planning Policy Assistant - Norwich | Zoek UK | 254c05
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Planning Policy Assistant
Norwich, Norfolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have a passion and vision to help shape future growth and planning in South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils?
South Norfolk and Broadland Council have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Policy Assistant to join their team. This role will be based in Long Stratton, close to Norwich or Thorpe Lodge, Norwich and is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of Circa £22,571 per annum.
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils have an ambition vision to create the best place and environment for everyone, now and for future generations. Our One Planning Team for the two Council’s is key to delivering this ambition.
We have a vacant Planning Policy Assistant role that will play an integral part of the team’s success and performance, contributing to the preparation of the Councils’ Local Plan and Infrastructure Plans, helping support communities prepare Neighbourhood Plans for their areas and being responsible for monitoring the Councils’ planning policies.
Your strong organisational, time management, analytical, problem solving and communication skills will enable you to be responsible for your own work and achieve positive outcomes that will help us deliver our vision.
What you could be part of…
You will be part of a supportive, reflective and challenging Place Shaping team, which is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the Councils’ Local Plan and Infrastructure Plans and supporting communities prepare Neighbourhood Plans for their areas.
Through its work, the Place Shaping team contributes to achieving the Councils’ vision by proactively planning to deliver an ambitious growth agenda and by preparing plans that help to shape and create sustainable communities and that protect and enhance our rich cultural heritage and landscape.
The two Councils cover a diverse area including both urban and rural areas, and vibrant market towns. We serve approximately 260,000 residents and 10,000 businesses across 161 parishes. Our work therefore encompasses both urban and rural planning, residential, retail, commercial and agricultural development.
Working at the Councils also enables you to be part of an organisation that is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing as our Planning Policy Assistant:
- Providing technical and administrative support to the Place Shaping team in the preparation of Local and Infrastructure Plans
- The production of research and fact finding studies
- The assessment of sites, including liaison with technical consultees and site promoters
- The preparation of consultation materials
- Undertaking of public consultations
- Monitoring the performance of the Councils planning policies and development sites
- Preparing committee reports on monitoring issues and gathering research and reporting to government and other bodies on council statistics
- Process and respond to enquiries on planning policy, neighbourhood planning, infrastructure planning and monitoring matters.
- Undertaking project work/administrative duties in support of the work of the Place Shaping team
As our Planning Policy Assistant you must have…
- A relevant qualification (HNC or related degree) and/or proven experience in a planning environment and have a full driving licence
What’s in it for you as our Planning Policy Assistant:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Planning Policy Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 23 August 2021