New - Ellesmere Port | Zoek UK | 255642
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
New - IT Support Engineer - Ellesmere Port
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester, England
£25000 - £28000/annum Exc holidays, Pension, Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
IT Support Engineer – Ellesmere Port – 25k-28k
This is a rare opening within one of the UK’s major manufacturing and distribution organisations, based at their impressive and expanding Ellesmere Port site. For this newly created role, we are seeking to attract a hands-on support engineer to join as a key member of the group IT infrastructure team, supporting a wide range of systems. The role will involve the day-to-day duties of an IT support engineer that are assigned via the service desk system supporting site/desktop/remote support, networks, device and business system support.
* 1st and 2nd line support.
* Diagnose and fix user desktop support issues
* Escalate site-based issues where necessary to the infrastructure team.
* Manage internal IT cases using ticketing systems, ensuring that all cases are managed effectively and within SLA.
* Maintain and manage the EP site IT assets.
* Maintain accurate records for all infrastructure, equipment and users.
* Define improvements to the site as a continuous improvement process.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Attributes
* Proven experience in a support role that entails multiple technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting abilities across a wide range of hardware/software solutions.
* Microsoft Windows Desktop OS (all recent versions).
* Microsoft Office 365.
* Basic to intermediate Network understanding (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls).
* Dell client hardware.
* Mobile devices
* Cloud Computing
* Telephony and other communications/collaboration products.
* Technical certification (. MCSA/MCSE).
* Experience within a similar industry / sector.
You will be joining a forward thinking and supportive in-house IT dept where on-going skills advancement /training is standard practice and genuine career progression is encouraged. We are seeking to shortlist for interview within the following 10 days so immediate application is highly recommended. Further info and detailed job spec will be provided upon receipt of an up-to-date and relevant CV