Large Corporate Tax - Birmingham | Zoek UK | 257c90
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Large Corporate Tax, Manager
Permanent (Full time)
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Central large corporate tax team comprises our offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands and Milton advise a range of large and complex UK and multinational publicly traded groups, private equity backed businesses, and utilities groups across the spectrum of tax issues that impact their business, including advising on strategic business expansion, deal activity, financing, profit repatriation, navigating the evolving UK and international tax landscape, and managing domestic compliance.
As part of the team you’ll be actively encouraged to develop your skills, consult, share specialist knowledge and new ideas, and engage with our market leading team of tax professionals as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a tax team, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of clients and being the main client contact for day to day queries and tax technical matters.
- Training and leading a team of junior staff on large client accounts, as well as contributing to the development of technical knowledge within the wider team.
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues and discussing the impacts with your portfolio of clients.
- Working closely with Partners and Directors on business development activities to identify opportunities on existing clients and target opportunities on new clients
- Developing a broad range of internal relationships domestically and internationally and working with them to deliver value to our clients.
- To the extent preferred by you, developing a deeper specialism in international and/or treasury tax matters.
Essential skills and experience
- Relevant and up-to-date UK corporation tax knowledge.
- Experience of advising multinational groups on a variety of UK tax matters.
- Excellent written communication including providing concise advice for clients, report writing and drafting technical memoranda.
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience in client handling, managing internal teams and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills - able to manage several complex client projects and plan own workload.
- Experience of and/or a desire to coach and delegate a team of associates and senior associates, helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
- An interest in understanding broader UK and global business issues and being confident discussing these issues with a diverse client base.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: ######
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.