Regional Sales Manager - South West
Permanent (Full time)
Regional Sales Manager - Brakes Group –S. Glos, Bristol, North Devon, Dorect and Cornwall
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Independent South West Division, managing a team of direct Business Developers within the Region. Covering a team in the South Coast, your location will be pivotal. The role offers a competitive salary plus open ended commission, company car and all the usual benefits of working for the UK’s leading foodservice company.
Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes Group. We’re growing and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our big appetite for success
The purpose of the roles is to lead a Regional Sales Team to achieve and exceed sales/profit/margin targets whilst taking a pro-active role in devising, reviewing and revising the Regional Business Plan. The possibilities within Independent Growth are outstanding, and the successful person for this role will demonstrate a fantastic opportunity to further build on and develop our recent successful track record even further in 2019 and beyond. We’re unashamedly proud of what we offer & we care about where our food comes from which is why we offer complete traceability on all our products. With a strong commitment to responsible sourcing - from Red Tractor accredited meat, poultry and fruit and veg to MSC certified fish and seafood, every product in our extensive range has been developed by our very own food development chefs or chosen with chefs and their customers in mind, making sure we deliver quality and taste with every bite.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
To lead, direct and motivate the Regional Field Sales Force.
- To take a lead role in the development, review and ongoing management of the Regional
- Business Plan in order to achieve Regional targets, specifically:
Gross Profit (£ & %)
Net Margin (£ & %)
Delivering Company, Marketing and Business Sector Strategies
Effective deployment of budgeted Regional resources (people, equipment, costs)
- To review regional activity and act as a catalyst for Regional solutions, focussing on:
Key account ownership
Regional competitor activity
- To run regular, planned periodic review meetings at both team and individual level with team.
- Conduct coaching and development of the team according to the training and development plans.
- To ensure complies with the Company’s Health and Safety policy
- Manage in accordance with HR procedures and recommendations, i.e. discipline, Recruitment, etc.
- To ensure all members of the team consistently achieve and exceed their given targets.
- To continually review the performance of the team to ensure individuals continue to demonstrate positively against the Company’s core values and leadership traits.
- Performance versus Regional
- Business Plan.
- Sales and Margin
- New business
- Own Brand penetration
- Core Line
- Non food
- Range extension
- Absence & Labour Turnover
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing a team within a sales environment and demonstrable understanding
and deliverance of target and profit management.
- Experience of customer relationship management
- The capacity to interpret, understand and act upon financial data through numeric, commercial
and verbal reasoning
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate effective team working
- Proven sales track record
- IT literate
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of foodservice.
- Minimum of 5 years in sales and 2 years in sales management
Here at Brakes, we have a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you’re looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless.
If this isn’t enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including
- Discounts on products and services
- Clear career pathways and development
- Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
- Pension plan
- Additional holiday purchase
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Posted 44 days ago