Nurse Nights - Bungay | Zoek UK | 25949a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bungay, Suffolk, England
£18.50/hour Excellent pay and benefits
Permanent (Full time)
The Oakleaf Group is seeking to recruit qualified Staff Nurses (student nurses who are due to qualify are also welcome to apply).
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning team working within the field of acquired brain injury.
The successful applicants will be responsible for leading the nursing shift, and ensuring high quality, specialist nursing care is delivered whilst working within the multidisciplinary team. Applicants must be motivated and enthusiastic with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comprehensive accredited training will be offered which is specific to their role.
The Oakleaf Group offers terms and conditions which reflect national industry standards and is an equal opportunities employer.
In addition to the advertised salary the successful candidates will be given a £2,000 Golden Welcome after 3 months in post.
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team. Qualified Nurses are expected to take overall responsibility for All Hallows, to provide a high quality, safe, supportive environment in order to care for residents within this specialist area meeting the identified physical, mental and social care needs. To ensure the effective running of activities and resident programmes. To effectively manage non-qualified staff and other team members.
To take part in an out of hours (off shift) on call system in covering the units and providing emergency cover to all units in the absence of qualified nursing staff. This is planned in advance on an on call rota system which all qualified nurses must take part in.
To report to the Nurse Manager and Clinical Director.
* To maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures and ensure these are followed at all times.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
* Assist in maintaining all COSHH records.
* Daily responsibility as Fire Warden - fulfil responsibilities required.
* To take responsibility for the residents and staff as Nurse In Charge of the unit during designated shift.
* Monitoring levels, safety and appropriate use of all stocks and supplies, carry out when required stock ordering.
* Ensuring the fabric and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
* Assist all non-qualified staff in the best use of their time, to the benefit of themselves, residents and the team in general.
* Monitor staffs’ dress standard, behaviour and performance whilst on duty.
* Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
* Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
* Ensure keys, alarms and communication aids are carried by all staff on duty.
* Ensure and monitor all unit cleaning regimes and protocols in place are audited across site.
* Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
* To act at all times in a professional manner, role model - as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
* Work with the Multidisciplinary Team in maintaining CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
* Be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
* To offer support and assist senior management in debriefing colleagues following any required incident.
* Assist in areas of staff poor performance / disciplinary action.
* To maintain the morale of the team.
* Delegate projects and responsibilities.
* To meet requested tasks and deadlines as defined by the Registered Nurse Manager.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES