Accountant - Blackwall | Zoek UK | 259a85
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Blackwall, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
Our local authority client based in East London are urgently seeking an experienced Accountant.
1. Take responsibility for providing an efficient, effective and comprehensive finance service, promoting best practice across the Council.
2. Act as a single point of contact for the financial management support of Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Holders. Develop a thorough understanding of a specific Service Area’s business, particularly in relation to the measurement and management of the activities that drive costs and advise on the optimisation of income in accordance with Council policies.
3. Lead on creating and implementing relevant and accurate financial models across a range of cost drivers, ensuring models and any assumptions are agreed and owned by the directorate
4. Contribute and challenge senior management and budget holders to ensure the financial forecasts and future budget plans are based on robust financial and non-financial information, and support prompt responsive and remedial action
5. Work with accountants across the finance function to share learning and best practice across the teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Act as a single point of contact for the financial management support of Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Holders. Develop a thorough understanding of a specific Service Area’s business, particularly in relation to the measurement and management of the activities that drive costs and advise on the optimisation of income in accordance with Council policies
2. Support the Finance Management Team to deliver a proactive finance service to directorates that ensures directorates develop their financial knowledge, skills and capabilities.
3. In conjunction with the Senior Accountant, develop the Council’s medium term financial plan and ensure financial risks and opportunities for the future are properly reflected in short, medium and long term sustainable financial planning using option appraisal, scenario building and sensitivity testing for both revenue and capital and represent ‘one version of the truth’
4. Work in partnership with Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Managers in the analysis of costs in relation to performance to reveal opportunities for policy or process change, participating in any subsequent business case development and review of the financial impact of previous policy decisions to learn lessons and assess relative cost benefits.
5. Provide financial support to Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Managers in forecasting both in year and future year income and expenditure, ensuring these are accurate, appropriate and are supported through activity and performance analysis
AAT, CCAB or CIMA part qualified/qualified or demonstrable equivalent experience of operating at that level
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful