Commercial Assistant QS - Cambridge | Zoek UK | 25b1f6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Commercial Assistant QS - Nationwide
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£20000 - £25000/annum £20,712 - £25,800 Per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Commercial Assistant (QS) (358ww) – Cambridge (Nationwide) - £20,712 - £25,800 Per annum
Our Client provides strategic knowledge and project management and delivery solutions needed to help our business partners successfully grow their infrastructure footprints across Telecoms, Utilities, Highways and Civil Engineering infrastructure sectors.
Working predominately in the public sector and blue-chip private markets, with an increasing involvement into private and developing markets including residential, education and commercial development.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Our Client is looking to employ a Commercial Assistant (QS) to join their fast-growing team.
Reporting To: Head of Commercial
Overview of Role
* The Commercial Assistant (QS) will report to the SQS within the Commercial function. and be responsible for ensuring the project is completed within its projected budget.
* As the Commercial Assistant, you'll be working closely with the rest of the commercial team, providing support to the QS and SQS whilst undertaking your own commercial duties on the framework. The role is heavily focused on subcontract management and as such, you'll spend a lot of time working closely with subcontractors and building on your communication, cost management, cash flow and reporting skills.
Measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts as directed.
Assist the other commercial team members with the running of the scheme
Direct interface / liaison with the supply chain
Assisting with subcontract procurement and management
Assisting with the identification and management of change control.
Responsible for keeping both the in house and client early warning and compensation event registers up to date
Maintain commercial information relevant to the contract.
Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates.
Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing and agreeing accounts using relevant rates.
Ensuring that payments to sub-contractors are paid on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
Completing regular and timely payment certificates and presenting to line manager for signature.
Assisting with preparation of external valuations.
Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation.
Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing accounts using relevant rates.
Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
Preparing detailed schedules of periodic costs from site-based information.
Comparing these with Head Office cost prints and resolving anomalies with Cost Department.
Reviewing sub-contract liabilities.
* A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative.
* A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels.
* Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates
* Above average numeracy and literacy skills
* . skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite
* Seeking long-term career prospects and development
* Good financial and commercial acumen. Capable of understanding pricing, costs and profit
* An understanding of basic contract language
* A completer/finisher with exemplary attention to detail and focussed on end result
* Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Core Behavioural Competencies
* Team Player
* Effective Communication
* Planning & Organising
* Time Management
* Attention to detail.
* Driving Licence advantageous
* Preferably educated to degree level
* Either an undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject
* Background in civil engineering, telecoms or utilities
Looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to Warren Wright at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd or contact me on (phone number removed) Option 2 or (phone number removed)