Call Handler/ SPA Administrator - Cambridge | Zoek UK | 25b461
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Call Handler/ SPA Administrator
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Temporary (Full time)
Call Handler/ Single Point Access Administrator
Band 3 - £ per hour for 2 months temp
Location:- Peacock Centre, Mill Rd, Cambridge or Oak Centre Huntingdon
The client is a NHS hospital based in Cambridgeshire who is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The role of the Specialist Services Administrator - SPA is to act as the first point of contact for all referrals/information/advice and signposting for the location and so ensure that every service user is able to speak to the right person in the right place at the right time. The role also supports the Specialist Services administration service for CYP, performing a range of administrative duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receiving and dealing with calls, emails, correspondence and other contacts from service users and professionals and handling these as required, in order to coordinate care according to agreed protocols and pathway
2. Recording details of all contacts with service users and other professionals using S1 and other systems as appropriate.
3. Ensuring that follow up actions from calls, emails, correspondence and other contacts are progressed efficiently and effectively.
4. Completing administration tasks on S1, including scanning onto patient records, registering referrals, checking tasks, updating service user information, running routine reports and registering service users who have transferred in.
5. Confirming appointments via S.
6. Management and maintenance of meeting room calendars.
7. In addition, the SPA administrator will undertake administrative tasks as part of a small team in at least one of the following areas:
1. Community Paediatrics, Therapy services or Reception:-
* Preparing and sending letters
* Registering patient arrivals if on reception
* Preparing and sending letters
* Answering phone calls from patients and stakeholders
* Performing quality control by checking data and correspondence
* Monitoring voicemails and email enquiries
2. Taking responsibility for the management of paper records in line with agreed standard operating procedures, including:
* Liaison with records storage company
* Requesting, tracking records and receiving records
* Locating child records on S1
* Liaising with Child Health
3. Providing and receiving routine information from the following:
* Managers at all levels
* Service users
* Contribute to CCS’ internal communication strategies ensuring effective two-way communication and engagement within the organisation
* Orders stationery, maintains stock control
Qualifications and Training
GCSE English and Maths Grade C and above or equivalent qualification
NVQ 3 or equivalent experience
within an administrative role
of using Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Outlook and Excel
of working in a customer service environment
of working within children’s services or in an NHS environment
of using SystmOne
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Effectively priorities and co-ordinates own work and the work of others
Wide knowledge of office procedures
Standard keyboard skills
Ability to use Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work flexibly as part of a team
Excellent time management skills
Ability to use initiative without close supervision
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV with a brief covering statement to demonstrate how your skills and experience match the above requirements.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency
Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community