Data migration technical architect (TDA) - London | Zoek UK | 25ca12
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data migration technical architect (TDA)
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
About Technology, Data & Analytics (TDA)
At PwC, we are significantly growing our Technology, Data & Analytics (TDA) practice to meet new market demands and opportunities.
Within TDA, we are developing solutions and capabilities for Unified Data Management & Migration (UDMM). UDMM delivers data centricity by collecting, connecting, unifying, governing & sharing trusted and well-orchestrated data which underpins the insight platform. UDMM sits at the heart of modern data management & essential for every cloud & customer led transformation (CLT). UDMM is a key enabler for enterprise data estate modernisation and helps organisations to become data centric and insight driven.
The team’s core proposition is to develop innovative products and services which combine the latest technologies with PwC’s deep subject matter expertise and industry knowledge.
As part of a team, you will be working with a broad and high-profile client base, including FTSE250, financial services and public sector clients. We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who can lead the delivery of data management solutions across various industry sectors and technology platforms.
A Data Management lead is a role specialised in delivering data management solutions and services. This includes master data management solutions, data migration implementation services. It will also be responsible for the creation and maintenance of implementation strategy and plans, management of the data management team, including the following key activities:
- Lead a team of high performing data analysts, data modelers, data architects and master data technical specialists and data migration specialists.
- Provide guidance around best practices and approaches to ensure high quality and timely delivery of complex master data management solutions across various industry sectors.
- Coordinate between programme workstream leads across geographies.
- Provide regular status updates to programme management and the engagement leader.
- Act as a point of escalation for issues associated with master data during the design, build and test phases, as well as cutover and hypercare.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in the area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Strong understanding and working experience in design & implementation of Data Migration, Master Data Management programs.
- Demonstrate extensive skills and success in leading the design, planning, management and delivery of medium to big Enterprise Master Data Management projects across various data domains (Customer, Product, Supplier etc.) and across industry sectors.
- A good understanding of various MDM technologies and ability to mentor junior team members to develop skills in these areas of emerging technology.
- A good understanding of data migration technologies and concepts
- Strong delivery experience in agile and dev-ops methodologies
- Proven experience of leading onshore and offshore teams
- Ability to gain UK Government Security Clearance
Good to have skills:
- A good understanding of Cloud platform fundamentals (GCP, Azure or AWS)
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: ######
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.