Data Warehouse Developer - Chester | Zoek UK | 25d022
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Warehouse Developer
Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, England
Data Warehouse Developer required by our client - a blue chip Company - to improve and extend the service offered to the wider business following a migration to a cloud-based Azure Synapse Analytics data warehouse. This new role will be pivotal in the exploitation of the new opportunities and will work closely with the Data Architect to define and implement the strategy for a new modern data landscape. You will have proven experience in delivering data solutions, ideally in a FMCG environment. Easily commutable from Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside and North Wales our client offers a salary (£30k - £50k pa depending on the skill level of candidates applying) plus a generous benefits package.
Data Warehouse Developer - key skills & experience
- Hands-on experience with complex ETL routines
- Expert knowledge of writing and optimising SQL
- Experience designing, developing and implementing Data Warehouse solutions
- Project management and system development methodology
- Ability to proactively research solutions and best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure (desirable)
- Experience working with other relational data platforms (. SQL Server) or NoSQL data platforms (. CosmosDb)
Data Warehouse Developer - main responsibilities:
- Creating, designing and developing data models
- Prepare plans for all ETL procedures and architectures
- Validating results and ensuring data integrity
- Monitoring and tuning data loads and queries
- Monitor data warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise
- Developing enriched views of operational data to provide additional analysis opportunities to business users
- Working with business users and . to understand, design and develop new data requirements
- Manipulating and shaping data to suit new and legacy systems
- Analysing the impact of changes to systems and data feeds both into and out of the Data Warehouse environment and the effect on business users and applications.