Mechanical Engineer - Cramlington | Zoek UK | 25d13b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cramlington, Northumberland, England
£45000 - £50000/annum + Excellent Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Job Purpose & Scope
The role is to ensure that the maintenance strategy is employed to continuously improve the performance of the site and managing the lifecycle of both new and legacy plant.
You will be responsible for the short to mid-term maintenance strategy of critical assets, taking part in criticality, planned maintenance and tactics reviews to ensure continued high performance of the plant.
You will also assist in maximising performance throughout the plant by identifying opportunities for innovation and new technology, to ensure the plant continues to increase flexibility, efficiency, availability and reliability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the key responsibilities and duties at site will include:
* The management of unit unplanned and planned overhauls and outages.
* The management of the pressure parts and general maintenance team.
* Optimise maintenance planning and resource scheduling activities using the Computerised Maintenance Management System (IFS)
* Assist with the Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS), including the inspection programme of pressurised, non-pressurised and structural assets.
* Undertake small projects relating to mechanical plant.
* Analysing breakdowns to increase plant flexibility, efficiency, availability and reliability using best practice tools and techniques.
* Assist in optimising contractor usage and reduction of contractor costs.
* Assist in compliance with and monitoring of process safety requirements.
* Degree Qualified (preferable) or HND in Mechanical Engineering
* Preferably IOSH management qualifications although not necessary.
* A knowledge of pipework systems, vessels; piping design codes . BS EN 12952 or BS 1113, BS 2791, materials technology for pressure parts; welding; boiler ancillary equipment; materials handling (essential)
* Assist with the application of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR)
* Methods for developing and implementing long-term mechanical integrity programs.
* Methods for NDT techniques (essential)
* Knowledge of maintenance strategies and improvement techniques.
* Experience of operating in a power station environment is advantageous (desirable)
* Principles and practices of process safety requirements.
* Understanding of environmental and safety legislation
* Knowledge of boiler plant and auxiliary equipment maintenance (desirable)
* Specific experience and training in carrying out boiler tube repairs (desirable)