Defence Digital Enterprise Architect
£40,000.00 per year
Unspecified (Full time)
*Defence Digital Enterprise Architect*
*£40,000 & excellent benefits*
*Flexible location but with 1-2 days per week in Bristol*
In Defence Digital, we’re building a Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) driven organisation that will lead the industry by showcasing best practice. In our Intelligence Systems team we’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated Enterprise Architect to work within the Architecture team. Join us and you will be part of a respected group of Solution and Technical Architects and Data Architects providing domain expertise to deliver on the Critical Success Factors that are aligned to Defence Digital Strategy.
· Lead the practice and introduce the overall technical vision for enterprise architecture with a key focus on improvement whilst defining clear goals for all aspects of a project and managing their execution
· Work within the wider Applications team to manage and reduce a backlog of enterprise architecture artefacts
· Present and ratify architecture artefacts for the Design & Architecture Boards that contribute to the enterprise architecture repository
· Develop appropriate elements of an integrated suite of architectures and technical models and policies to cover the applications, data and information infrastructure/computing layers while applying best practice across the portfolio (. TOGAF, ArchiMate and ITIL principles).
*Your skills and experience*
On top of experience of leading on the defining, development and delivery of Enterprise Architectures of a system, you will:
· Be proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex enterprise architectures and blueprints
· Understand ICT Architectures to recognised methodologies such as TOGAF
· Have experience of working in both agile and waterfall environments
· Have the time management and interpersonal skills to work on large programmes, projects and smaller work packages – often in parallel.
*Rewards and benefits*
In return for your talent and commitment, you can look forward to an excellent package, including:
· Competitive salary
· Civil service pension
· XX days’ holiday
· Flexible working options
· Highly tailored learning and development
Defence Digital is currently going through a Transformation Programme which aims to ensure we have the right workforce, with the right skills to deliver the MOD's Digital Strategy. As the programme progresses, Defence Digital staff may be required to undergo an assessment to understand and develop their upskilling needs to support the delivery of this strategy. This post may be impacted by Transformation as the programme progresses.
Cyber Defence and Risk (CyDR) is at the forefront of Cyber Security and Information Technology within Defence and is responsible for enabling Defence through the provision of specialist Assurance and Cyber Security Services across the Department including industry partners, other Government Departments and our International allies. Services provided by CyDR include: - Advice and guidance on Cyber Security Policy; Support to National and MOD Defensive Cyber Strategy development; Accreditation and Assurance Services across Defence; Security Assurance Support and advice; Incident management coordination and reporting services; Development and maintenance of Departmental Information Risk process in support of the Departmental Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO).
Defence Digital (DD) is an essential element of the UK’s Intelligence ecosystem.
*Apply before 11:55 pm on Saturday 30th October 2021.*
Reference ID: 136051
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40, per year
* Monday to Friday