Field Sales Engineer - Halton West | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Field Sales Engineer
Halton West, North Yorkshire, England
Basic Salary: £30-40k + OTE: £8-10k (realistic & UNCAPPED!) + Company Car, with Fuel Card + Contributory Pension + Full Home Comms
Permanent (Full time)
Rapidly expanding worldwide electronic components and sensors manufacturer seeks dynamic, enthusiastic engineering qualified Technical Field Sales Engineer to sell automation components and sensors to OEM's and machine builders.
BASIC SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000 - dependant on experience with possible flexibility.
· On Target Commission £8,000 - £10,000 - very achievable and uncapped
· Company Car - Golf type to start (Mercedes C Class, Audi A4, BMW 3 Series after qualifying period)
· Fuel Card
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Hotel Card
· Contributory Pension
· Full Home Communications Package including Broadband, Laptop and Mobile etc.
LOCATION: Yorkshire and North East England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Harrogate, Wakefield, Sheffield, Doncaster, York, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Durham, Newcastle, Darlington, Hull.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Sales Engineer / Field Sales Engineer - Electronic Automation Components, Sensors to OEM's and Machine Builders
· After an initial one-month, full induction training programme (which will then be on-going) including sales and technical - both in the UK and European HQ, you will be given the Yorkshire and North East territory to develop.
· Although there will also be existing clients and significant business on the area, there will be a high new business content using a database of potential clients, following up on exhibition and internet generated leads, your own market research and your own lead generation.
· You will be dealing with clients at all levels from Design Engineer up to Director level at customers which are mainly OEMs with some end user contact.
· There is also a lot of scope to grow the area, with potential to double it in size selling to customers across automotive, food, pharmaceutical and packaging machinery, and equipment OEM markets.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical Sales Engineer / Field Sales Engineer - Electronic Automation Components, Sensors to OEM's and Machine Builders
To be considered for this potentially rewarding role in terms of remuneration and career progression you will have:
Some field sales, or possibly internal / office-based engineering / technical sales or applications engineer experience and a relevant engineering qualification ideally degree level or a good mechanical and electronics knowledge. (Preferably you will have sold components into mechanical OEMs).
A proven track record of success in technical or engineering field sales, much preferably selling electrical, electrical, or industrial automation components to OEMs, ideally with a good mechanical knowledge or understanding as these are electronic components but solving mechanical problems for the customer.
What is most important is your desire to succeed and exceed targets, and progress in a competitive sales environment.
Established for over 30 years across 50 countries worldwide, we are the UK subsidiary of a leading European manufacturer of a wide range of electronic components including vision systems and sensors, safety light barriers and systems also ident readers, barcode scanners and fluid sensors. We supply a very broad range of industrial and process machinery OEM's across automotive, food & pharmaceutical, process, and packaging amongst others.
We are a byword for quality in our market, manufacturing industry leading technology and products in terms of innovation and applications that really work. We have experienced consistent 15-20% growth per annum in the last 10 years.
There is a lot of potential for the successful applicant to grow the role, and your career in a technical / engineering field sales role with a stable, well established and growing UK operation with a low staff turnover that takes a long term view on business, and gives its field sales personnel support and time to succeed.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Field Sales Engineer, Graduate Trainee Field Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Internal Sales Engineer - Electronic Automation Components, Sensors to OEM's and Machine Builders
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP16216, Wallace Hind Selection