Vehicle Technician (Shift) - Peterborough | Zoek UK | 25e461
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Vehicle Technician (Shift)
Permanent (Full time)
Vehicle Technician (Shift) – Peterborough
Hours: 39 hours per week – 5 out of 7 days
Qualifications: L3 NVQ Vehicle Motor Vehicle Repair or equivalent
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 (OTE subject to experience)
How would you like to be part of an engineering team that maintains a modern fleet of buses?
As a member of the Stagecoach engineering team, our vehicle technicians are part of one of the most important groups of people we employ, that’s because we follow a rigorous maintenance programme to ensure our vehicles are safe and reliable, day in day out.
What our vehicle technicians will be doing:
· Inspection and diagnostics of buses and other vehicles
· Mechanical, electrical and minor body work repairs
· Servicing & routine maintenance to DVSA standards
· Vehicle health checks and road testing
· Warranty work and Annual MOT Preparation & Presentation
What we love about our vehicle technicians:
· Working safely to high standards and achieving maximum vehicle availability
· Experience and enthusiasm to deliver
· Repairs done right first time
· Current and full UK driving licence
· Level 3 NVQ in appropriate light or HGV Vehicle technician qualification (or equivalent)
· Committed to your personal development as a vehicle technician and supporting Apprentices
· PCV licence – desirable but we can help you get one.
Hours of work for this role: 39 hours - 5 shifts across 7 days (hours between 05:30-23:00)
Shifts: Good balance of rest days and some weekend’s off!
Don’t worry if you have not worked on buses before… if you have technical experience across a wide range of vehicles such as cars, trucks or plant and fancy a change - you’ll be supported by a great team of engineers and managers who all pull together to do a brilliant job.
We offer 22 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays, free travel on our vehicles across Stagecoach East and a very competitive rate of pay.
This post is based at our Depot in the heart of Peterborough however, Stagecoach East operates a fleet of 350 buses across Cambridgeshire, the Fens, Peterborough and Bedfordshire so you know you are joining an experienced and successful team