Powertrain Design Engineer - Windlesham | Zoek UK | 25e4b9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Powertrain Design Engineer
Windlesham, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
WFH with on site working 1-2 days per week
* You will be responsible for design activities in the Powertrain design team
* Responsibility for designing powertrain systems; including fuel, cooling, oil systems as well as powertrain integration using CATIA V5
* You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
* You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
* Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
* Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
* Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
* Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications.
* Drive forward in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) design/Concepts and ensure current and future technologies are exploited.
* Help develop a BEV strategy for future vehicles.
* Run Research and development BEV program/s internally and with external partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Ideally degree qualified with preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
* Experience in motorsport and sports cars is essential
* Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5
* Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices as well as cooling calculations for fuel, water and oil systems
* Have an in-depth knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and hybrid installations, cooling requirements along with regulatory knowledge