Buyer - Kirkbymoorside | Zoek UK | 294bbe
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, England
£27700/annum plus benefits
Permanent (Full time)
A full order book, and continued growth has created a new opportunity for a Buyer to join this international multi-billion pound manufacturer of machinery for the subsea industry.
As the Buyer your main duties & responsibilities will involve purchasing goods and services at the best possible price and quality, as required by the company to the timescale dictated by the required.
* To ensure timely purchase order placement in line with planned demand for ‘Designated Suppliers’
* To manage ‘Designated Suppliers’ cost delivery and quality
* To ensure timely receipt of items ordered from ‘Designated Suppliers’
* Obtain quotations ad-hoc as requested from internal customers record and return
* Expediting un-received orders as required ensuring no late deliveries
* Communicate effectively at any level within the business as circumstances dictate
* Resolve any query invoices to aid the cash-flow of the business within the month of issue
* Perform basic clerical duties within the department
* Provide ad-hoc reports as requested by the department manager
* Maintain good housekeeping at all times
* Carry out job related tasks safely constantly operating to good working practices
* Min 2 years purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment (essential)
* MRP experience preferred but not essential
* Understand Technical Drawings (desirable)
* Good computer skills competent with Microsoft packages specifically excel
* Good accuracy skills with the ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to work on occasion to tight deadlines and under pressure
* Numerate, detail oriented and articulate
* Must be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements
* Min 3 Years operation within a manufacturing environment
* Experience within an Engineering manufacturing environment (desirable)
* Competent with MRP Systems and their related tasks
Apex Engineering Recruitment is an employment business acting on behalf of this client