PHP Developer - Manchester | Zoek UK | 2985280de9154359ad78a4355df19164
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Discount and many more
Up to £50k plus benefits
As part of a software development team, you will create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications by writing quality software code and, simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic, DevOps environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
- Maintain and develop the essential back-office tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other systems.
- Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly.
- Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:30, Friday 09:00 - 16:30.
What we are looking for:
You will be an experienced and proactive developer with solid skills in PHP 7 and Laravel. You will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good design, using for example SOLID principles, CQRS and design patterns, and the use of modern software practices such as, BDD, TDD, process automation, test automation and Agile. You should hold a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL. In addition you will hold the following skills:
- Strong skills and understanding of object-oriented PHP
- Experience using MySQL to build and query databases
- Experience using a PHP framework (. Laravel, Zend, Symfony)
- An understanding of RESTful APIs
- A personable style and approach, not afraid to collaborate within immediate and wider team
- Strong skills and understanding of Laravel development
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- An understanding of how to use Git for versioning
- Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
- Exposure to AWS technologies
- An understanding of how to optimise performance in PHP applications
- Understanding of branching methodologies and deployment processes
- Experience using BDD or TDD to write test suites
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using MSSQL
- Personal contributions to open source
Experience implementing solutions for enterprise integrations between third-party tools is advantageous. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with a team. Most importantly you will enjoy problem solving working in a dynamic environment. You will be capable of explaining complex problems to non-technical business stakeholders.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Operational bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Comapny's shares through SAYE
- Subsidised Canteen
- On-site Gym
- Employee reward scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 40% staff discount
- And a lot more!
Posted 37 days ago