Deputy Manager - Children’s EBD Home
£25000 to £28000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for an ‘energetic Deputy Manager’ with a viewpoint to become a Registered Manager.
The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic and motivated with excellent leadership skills, who has a desire to make a difference to help young people develop skills to support and fulfil their life’s ambitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect children and young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment
- Ensure home environment is appropriate and sensitive to needs of children and young people looked after
- Managing the home through procedures, policies and activities engaged in to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for the child or young person they are responsible for
- Ensuring key stages in the stay of the child or young person such as admissions, discharge, transfers are properly managed and recorded
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies engaged in childcare
- To assist in the management and operation of budget and petty cash within guidelines
- To assist in the homes budgeting estimates
- Providing leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff
- To have responsibility in the deployment and management of staff on a day-to-day basis
- To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff as necessary
- At least 2 years’ experience as an EBD Manager/Deputy Manager (Essential)
- NVQ/QCF level 5 in Leadership and Management or equivalent qualification (or working towards)
- Good understanding of Ofsted regulations
- Experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting
- Up to date Knowledge of childcare and child protection laws Please only apply if you meet the minimum requirements
- Member of Perk box, upon competition of probation, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, reduced cinema tickets, discounted shops, free taste card, free phone insurance, free coffee, etc...
- 28 days Holiday (Inc Bank Holidays), additional holiday for loyalty to the company.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Enrolment onto the Updating Service at the cost of the employer
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training expense met by employer
- Christmas Party expense covered
- Pension Scheme
- 1 Sleep in Duty a week will earn you an extra £1,560 per annum on top of your salary.
- Optional overtime and extra Sleep ins available
Closing date: ASAP Interview: ASAP Contact: Ismail at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
Posted 26 days ago