Learning Support Assistant
Chelmsford, Essex, England
£9.50 - 10.00 per hour
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to become a member of a team of practitioners responsible for the education and care of the children in the school. you will be involved in contributing to the teaching and learning programme in accordance with the ethos, aims and objectives of the school.
The Teacher and the Teaching Assistant work as a team - being ‘partners’ in supporting the pupils’ access to learning and their specific needs – physical, behavioural, medical and emotional.
You will work under the direction and control of the headteacher and the relevant class teacher. You may be required to work with groups or individuals from a class without the presence of the class teacher and supervise activities and tasks.
Your responsibilities will include;
- To provide appropriate levels of individual attention, reassurance and help for pupil(s) needs as identified in Individual Education Plans
- Support the complex specific needs of specified pupils – physical, emotional, medical or behavioural
- Where necessary and under the direction of the teacher, act as an escort on and off school premises, normally in the presence or immediate vicinity of the teacher and in accordance with the School Visits Policy
- Support pupil(s) access to the curriculum, their learning in particular lessons and their progress towards specific individual targets
- Develop a thorough understanding of the specific learning needs of identified pupils
- Foster pupil independence through supporting improvement in their knowledge, skills and understanding
- Manage challenging behaviour and support students in fully engaging with the activities set
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 20 days ago