Cook - Full Time | Zoek
Cook - Full Time
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England
£8.21 - 8.71 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Cook Full Time
Hazlemere Lodge Care Home
Hazlemere, High Wycombe
Salary: £8.21 - £8.71
Hours: 38 hours
Our client is a purpose built care home for 64 older people. The home has large, beautifully
furnished bedrooms, each with their own en-suite facilities and equipped with the latest technology.
Hazlemere Lodge offers personalised care tailored to an individual's specific needs. Care and
support can be stepped up or down as required.
The home provides nursing care for 32 residents and care for up to 16 residents with dementia. The
16 rooms in our dementia living area are available for private payers or for people accessing the
service through social services.
- Plan, prepare, cook and serve all meals, ensuring that a healthy and balanced menu is pro- vided and that particular
dietary and cultural needs and preferences are met ensuring that the catering service is responsive to the needs of
- Purchase supplies in accordance with the planned menu, whilst monitoring and con- trolling the service from
suppliers within budget.
- Maintain an accurate stock control.
- Ensure that a record is kept of all food consumed by service users.
- Prepare a fully costed menu plan and advise on alternative products.
- Check in stock when it is delivered when on duty.
- Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any de- fects and reports to the
- Ensure that the kitchen is left in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensure that set standards are followed for all catering services and monitor performance.
- Understand and participate in Heritage Care's Health & Safety Policy and Procedures. This includes requirements of
EHO eg temperature readings, storage/covering and of food and the safer food better business document.
- Ensure food safety management procedures based on the principles of HACCP are met.
- Direct and supervise all kitchen staff and ensure that they aware of their responsibilities with regard to food
hygiene and preparation, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Assist with the training and development of the Kitchen Assistants where applicable in or- der to ensure agreed
standards of performance are met.
- As a member of the staff team, contribute to the effective running of the scheme.
- Produce effective reporting systems as required, including budgetary control.
- To be available on a roster system as and when required to cover the scheme seven days a week.
- Use computers on a regular basis; to access Heritage Care resources, for example, staff website, online payslips, care
management systems and undergo e-learning
- To understand and actively participate in Heritage Care's Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Act in a professional manner at all times ensuring a positive portrayal of the postholder and Heritage Care to service
users and other individuals both within and outside of Heritage Care.
- The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate line manager to carry out other duties and
responsibilities commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience.
Must be able to demonstrate:
Good spoken communication skills in order to relate well to staff and service users
Basic written communication skills in order to leave written instructions and to follow a stock control system Basic computer keyboard skills, and the ability to
use computer on a regular basis.
Examples of the level required may include , the use of the internet, and emails.
Basic software packages to record and access information, including use of care management Other
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding and awareness of Equality & Diversity.
- Ability to work flexibly, responding to the needs of the service, ensuring that the home has staff cover, 365 days of the
- Capability of working in a position that requires manual handling tasks as a core requirement
In return for your hard work, along with a great salary, Our client is offering:
- 22 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Ongoing training and progression opportunities
- Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia
awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
- Flexible working hours
- To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued
lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or
- Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide
range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to
progress to more .
If you would like to see the full job pack, please call Stephen on######### or, APPLY NOW
Call######### No contact found)
Posted 36 days ago