Development Coordinator - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose.
We achieve this in two ways. First we improve lives on the frontline through delivery of public services. Secondly, we use our knowledge to change 'the system', to fix the complex web that can trap and disempower those it was set up to help. With the heart of a charity and the mindset of a business, we are uniquely placed to deliver on this challenging agenda.
As Development Coordinator you will play a foundation role in the Catch22 Development Team. You will support the Senior Development Managers in the Business Development and Partnerships units, creating a platform for them to drive growth and development through relationship-building, proposal-writing and high-impact pitching. Your excellent research, drafting, publishing and project management skills will be critical to keeping the show on the road. You will enable the whole Development Team to work through a large volume of opportunities, as we seek to achieve our development goals.
You will be joining an entrepreneurial, energetic and passionate unit with a fun but hardworking culture, all relentlessly committed to Catch22’s core mission and purpose. You will be someone with excellent organisational and administrative skills, an eye for detail, and a passion for social impact. Your research and development skills, ‘self-starter’ mentality, and raw energy will be instrumental to your and the Team’s success.
There will be many opportunities to develop and specialise, but it is crucial that you are curious and hungry for success. You will be supported and supervised by the Senior Development Manager, but there may also be times where you will be expected to work autonomously, while ensuring that bids and development projects are running to quality and time expectations. You will carry out much of the groundwork for successful bids including market and prospect research, bid qualification, meeting and workshop coordination as well as drafting and publishing documents using a suite of tools. You will have the opportunity to shadow senior management at key meetings and over time may even build your own portfolio.
The Development Team as a whole is the engine room of Catch22’s mission and business plan. Collectively it seeks to grow Catch22’s reach, influence, impact and secure funds that allow us to change peoples’ lives for the better. If you are energetic and motivated, and feel you have the skills, please read on.
- Qualified to degree level, or proven experience in relevant field.
- Management Qualification
- A project management qualification
- Strong command of English & Maths
- Qualification certification
- Knowledge of statutory and voluntary funding mechanisms and the external funding environment
- An understanding of how market research and analysis can contribute to strong product development, bids, tenders and proposals and how these interlink to generate income.
- Knowledge of social exclusion issues and how these affect young people and vulnerable adults
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial issues within contract-based service delivery organisations
- Understanding of the political, structural and legal context within which a social business operates.
- Experience of developing, promoting and selling products to commissioners through external meetings, presentations and pitches
- Experience of utilising project management and coordination techniques
- Experience of writing bids / tenders/proposals
- Experience of coordinating bid plans and preparing bid templates
- Experience of communicating with partner organisations.
- Experience of project managing significant statutory and voluntary income-based bids, tenders and proposals.
- Experience of developing innovative operational solutions that are value for money and meet the needs of the commissioners.