Part Time Finance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Are you looking for a Part Time Finance Manager role for around 25 30 hours? If so, Athwal Resourcing is recruiting for a wellestablished subsidiary that has enjoyed growth over the last few years and is now part of a PLC. The business is committed to continued growth and investment and this has resulted in the need for a high calibre part time Finance Manager for around to join the senior management team to work closely with the Finance Director and help drive the business even further forward.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the day to day finance is operating efficiently and that the periodic management accounting, financial reporting to Group and robust financial controls and disciplines are in place. To work closely with internal key members of senior management team to find solutions to issues and manage the relationship with external parties.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Finance Director, this newly created key financial position will have wideranging responsibilities including:
- Managing the day to day accounts function including payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger;
- Completion of the monthly management accounts pack to include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations and completion of plc reporting pack;
- Providing Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Supervise small finance team to include training and support;
- Responsible for the monthly reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting as well as working capital and day to day cash flow management;
- Completion of quarterly VAT return and submission to HMRC under MTD guidelines;
- Working in the heart of the business you will be working in an operational environment with stakeholders from nonfinance personnel to directors;
- To produce annual financial statements and information for external auditors and be the point of contact with the tax authorities for VAT;
- Challenging the norm and ensuring high quality financial controls are in place and to standardise and improve the procedures across the business;
- Liaising with Third Party suppliers, the bank on day to day issues and occasionally be involved in resolving issues with Customers and External Suppliers.
You will ideally:
- Be either a qualified accountant, CIMA/ACMA, ACCA or Qualified by experience;
- In an SME environment in a handson finance role so aware of the financial disciplines expected in this type of business;
- Have handson accounts experience and a good understanding of financial reporting to group;
- Possess good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of IT & Financial systems especially in Microsoft Excel, SAGE and SAGE payroll including being competent in the use of pivot and lookup tables;
- Have a strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement and getting things done;
- Be able to communicate with all levels of the business, both with finance and nonfinance staff;
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity at all times even when working under pressure;
- Continually challenge & influence key personnel to make balanced decisions for the benefit of the whole business;
- Experience of managing a small team of clerical/accounts staff would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic part time opportunity, with the chance to progress your career within the role by driving through initiatives and have the confidence and energy to become a key member of the local site team and progress your career within the Group.
Posted 42 days ago