Caretaker - Canvey Island | Zoek UK | 3011cd1786a8412ba2706cca0315cf1a
Canvey Island, Essex, England
£9.30 - £11.64/hour
Permanent (Full time)
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Caretaker to carry out work on a school in Maidstone, Kent.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
Contributing to the smooth running of the school and assist the Premises Manager by carrying out a range of caretaking duties including but not limited to, planned and reactive Maintenance, fire alarm testing, water hygiene, basic plumbing and fabric epairs other duties including Sub-Contactor Management, Porterage, Security, Cleaning, Grounds and Concept Management.
* To Assist the Premises Manager in the provision of a caretaking Service within the school and to comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work.
* To carry out all planned and reactive maintenance is carried out as determined by Line Manager and CAFM system, monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of the school premises and furnishings and reporting any deficiencies to the Premises Manager and Help desk. Operation of the heating plant so that the required temperatures are maintained in the premises and an adequate supply of hot water is available. To carry out first line repairs and maintenance under the direction of line manager.
* To support school and comply with school-based procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage. Preparing the school premises and site for assemblies, meetings and out of school activities and clearing up after these activities. Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods and conveying them to their points of distribution.
* Ensure that all areas within the confines of the site are free from litter and that all drains and gullies are free flowing and clean.
* Ensure that all caretaking equipment is in a safe and working condition and report any faults to line management and help desk.
* The routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds. Responding to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins etc. and/or the setting off of the burglar alarm(s).
* Provide access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations. Ensure safe access and egress on school grounds during
JD Premises Assistant Essex Schools periods of inclement weather and to be available for ongoing evening/weekend lettings and have the flexibility to cover occasional lettings which may arise.
We're looking for:
* Experience of School Caretaking
* Experience of Building Maintenance
* Good Knowledge of H&S (IOSH)
* General Computer Skills
Our facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA