Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer - Bedford | Zoek UK | 3022709d8c6946e99cc6c324f6b804be
Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer
£45000 - £55000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We have an excellent job opportunity for an Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer in Bedford.
Our client is a respected leader in the development, manufacture and supply of occupational health and environmental monitoring instrumentation. With a history dating back to 1799 they have changed significantly over the past 200 years plus, yet they remain perfectly placed to offer reliable, trustworthy and credible solutions for Occupational and Environmental monitoring or noise and dust - with over 40 years of innovation in noise monitoring, and 60 years in dust monitoring.
As Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer, you will manage and contribute to the electronics and embedded design for a range of environmental monitoring products ensuring the company achieves its new product development objectives and revenue targets.
Your responsibilities in the role of Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer will include:
• Being a competent, ‘hands on’ contributor to the design of analogue and embedded electronic circuitry, along with a good appreciation of firmware development, for the creation of successful, market leading products
• Gaining a broad technical understanding of the electronics, physics, technologies and firmware functionality involved within product designs and their applications
• Bringing creative thinking to a project - maintain a good appreciation of new technologies with a desire and initiative to explore new innovative ideas
• Interpreting and understanding the requirements of product and international standards to ensure new products satisfy these
• Identifying and contributing to the development of effective and efficient production test and calibration methods
• Working with the marketing department and understanding their requirements in order to establish innovative technical solutions, electronic circuit design, software requirements, and guidance for new product concepts
• Creating and managing product engineering design specifications as well as providing technical input to specifications, documentation and handbooks
• Providing effective management of small project teams, establishing key delivery tasks, accurately managing and reporting on progress, priorities and goals
• Providing accurate time scale estimates and identifying technical and commercial risks in the new product design process
• Ensuring design solutions meet the targeted specifications, build costs, agreed project timescales and budgets
• Managing workload effectively, maintaining a flexible, positive, pro-active and creative approach.
• Providing design activities, documentation and project outputs which are in accordance with
• the businesses QMS (Quality Management System) and R&D Project process
• Maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement
Essential Skills & Attributes
To be successful for the role of Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer you will need to have / be:
• A degree in electronics engineering (or similar with additional relevant experience)
• 5+ years commercial experience of product Design, Development, Test and Documentation
• Able to demonstrate robust ‘hands-on’ electronics circuit design experience preferably including a variety of sensors, signal processing, data acquisition, power supplies
• Experience of firmware development and embedded microprocessor coding (ideally ARM, Arduino and Raspberry Pi)
• Experience of schematic capture (ideally Cadstar)
• Experience of EMC testing and approvals and wireless connectivity hardware
• Strong track record in provision of accurate, functional engineering solutions and resolution of technical problem issues
• The ability to meet project timescales, demonstrate initiative and a capability of making clearly thought out and independent decisions where necessary
For the role of Electronics & Embedded Design Engineer, there is a salary on offer of £45,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending upon experience and you will work from to 4pm Monday to Friday. There is on-site parking available.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Electronics, engineer, engineering, design, manufacturing, cadstar, ARM, Arduino, Raspberry Pi