Hexham, Northumberland, England
Permanent (Full time)
Helping Hands Community Care is excited to announce a new Care Coordinator opportunity within our West Homecare Branch based in Hexham.
We are a leading independent care organisation, which has been serving local communities across the North East of England since 1988.
Our Care Coordinators play a vital role in effectively resource planning, and coordinating our home care support workers' schedules, ensuring our service user appointments are attended.
*Duties to include.*
· Planning the weekly schedules of our Homecare Support Workers around their individual availability using our resource planning software.
· Formulating solutions for changes in schedules. Our resource planning can change for numerous reasons, for example, the addition of new care packages.
· Dealing with a diverse range of characters and personalities you will ensure the company delivers high quality care in the community which is both timely and reliable.
· Diffusing difficult situations and focusing upon a customer-oriented solution, every time.
· Handling enquiries from a variety of external partners including Nurses; Crisis Teams; Doctors; Guardians; Day Centres; Hospitals; Contracts and Family Members.
· Shifts will be allocated between the hours of 8am - 8pm over 7 days. You will also be required to support out of office on call service on a periodic basis. This is a full-time position (circa 40 hours per week).
*The successful candidate should have the following qualities*
· Be highly organised and reliable
· Be methodical and an effective problem solver
· Work well and effective under pressure
· Enjoy a busy office environment and be able to work to strict deadlines
· Have a caring and conscientious nature
· Be enthusiastic
· Should be comfortable using Microsoft Office packages (People Planner experience desirable but not essential)
· You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role very much relies upon the successful person to be socially adaptable, and crucially, calm under pressure
You will be organised, have great customer service skills, and a solution-oriented, positive attitude.
*What do we offer for you?*
· Excellent rates of pay
· Potential to lead to a Permanent Contract
· Safe working environment
· Company mobile phone
· PPE - where required
Most of all - It is our people and culture that make Helping Hands Community Care a great place to work.
If you can demonstrate experience of performing in a similar role, we would love to hear from you and encourage you to apply with an updated CV (detailing your relevant experience) as soon as you are able.
*One of our HR Team will review your details and contact you to hopefully arrange an interview as soon as we can.*
*Any offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and 5 stage DBS checks.*
*Additionally, any salaries offered will be dependent upon experience.*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: Up to £19, per year
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Referral programme
* Store discounts
* Wellness programmes
* providing care: 1 year (preferred)
* Driving Licence (required)!