Key Account Director - London EC1A | Zoek UK | 302aae4a80754a2dbe9567e237a138f9
Key Account Director
London EC1A, UK
£150.00 - £200.00 PerDay
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a forward-thinking, driven, ambitious person with a passion for commercial fiction, looking to work with an innovative, dynamic and book-loving company? Can you help our thriving roster of authors prosper further, and push their books to become market leaders?
Are you the right candidate for this opportunity? Make sure to read the full description below.
Canelo is a flourishing independent publisher. At first digital-only, in recent years we have adapted to also become one of the most exciting new paperback publishers in the UK. Only this month we launched a new flagship imprint, Canelo Crime, and there is huge potential across the list.
We are looking to take our ebook and in particular our print sales to a new level. This role is dedicated to securing prominence for Canelo books in the leading UK trade accounts, finding new channels to market, and meeting high-level sales targets. We want to see our books selling in large quantities through all the major channels and it will be your job to make that happen.
You will be entrepreneurial, self-reliant, have nous and a can-do attitude, and solid experience of the commercial fiction market. We want to see a proven track record of placing titles into bookshops and major promotions, and will especially prioritise those who can demonstrate great relationships with buyers and retailer teams.
- Establish and develop productive working relationships with leading UK print retailers (including Waterstones, WHSmith, airside and travel accounts, supermarket chains, and, crucially, independents)
- Maximise opportunities with key UK and European wholesalers
- Manage and deliver sales for Amazon print and Kindle, growing sales rapidly across both
- Open new accounts to grow the print sales footprint, and with the support of the senior management team, negotiate discount and co-op terms
- Help produce, in conjunction with marketing and other colleagues, appropriate materials to entice orders from key customers
- Establish sales plans, strategies, projections and targets across assigned accounts
- Effectively sell-in and secure pre-orders for simultaneous ebook and print releases, to ensure a strong launch platform for key titles, including books from our bestselling crime imprint
- Create range, category and backlist promotions with and for key retail partners
- Effectively deal with Key Account queries, reporting regularly on activity and sales figures
This is a newly-created role with a broad scope of responsibilities, in a collaborative and quickly-evolving business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from those of minority or under-represented backgrounds.
Closing date for applications: 11th September 2020.
Location: working from home for the foreseeable, London office thereafter, though there may be opportunities for flexible working