7.5T Home Delivery Driver
Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
PERMANENT HGV Class 2 Driver(with PROGRESSION to CLASS 1)
DHL Supply Chain Doncaster
STARTING Salary: £12ph (13ph for night and weekends £ for overtime)
Class 1 Salary: £ (£ for nights, £ ph for weekends and £ ph for overtime)
Shift Pattern: All shifts including a FRIDAY AND SATURDAY (Sunday is also preferable)
Start Time: 2300-0330 or 1400-1500
Contract: hours per week
DHL are now funding LGV licence training through our brand new Driving Ambition scheme at our Transport Development Centres.
We are currently offering current Class 2 drivers a fantastic opportunity to upskill to Class 1. Various shift patterns and part time hours available with start dates and training to start from July.
What does this job involve?
- Delivering goods to multiple sites
- Mixture of start times between 2300-0330 and 1400-1500
- Mixture of shift patterns available ALL including FRIDAY AND SATURDAY (Sunday is also preferable
- Manual handling involved
- Working on a dedicated Tesco Fleet & Network
We are looking for Drivers who:
- Hold their Class 2 Licence
- Hold a Driver CPC Qualification and Digital Tachograph Card
- Drive in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to parking, speed and road signage
- Work safely within the Health and safety environmental guidelines, and ensure all vehicle checks are carried out prior to commencement of work
- Are flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach
- Work within all legal parameters of drivers hours and working time directive legislation, being fully compliant with tachograph and break requirements
- Have basic mechanical understanding
What are the benefits?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which may include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, career development, access to global opportunities and many more!
Our drivers benefit from:
- High specification cabs
- Company funded CPC training
- Safety equipment
- DVSA earned recognition status
- A future career path in to other jobs, including global opportunities
- Access to DHL advantages scheme (acess to discounts and retail vouchers)
- Full uniform