Director of Clinical Services
competitive salary plus benefits
Permanent (Full time)
BMI Kings Park Hospital in Stirling is part of BMI Healthcare , Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered practitioner / Diploma / relevant Health Speciality Degree/ Degree Level qualification
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by a registered qualification with the NMC, HCPC or GPC
- Willingness to work towards a higher leadership and management qualification
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability and HCPC Standards of Proficiency and the HCPC / GPC Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- Good financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting
- Post basic mentoring or training certification e.g.: ENB 998
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice
- Knowledge of NMC codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the legislation and standards of relevant healthcare regulators (CQC, HIS, HIW)
Duties of this role include:
- A Director of Clinical Services is responsible for providing clinical direction and strong, professional leadership to all clinical staff including nursing, allied health professionals and medical staff either directly employed or working under practising privileges.
- The Director of Clinical Services must lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care within all clinical areas, driving a culture of patient safety, clinical effectiveness and continuous improvement of the patient experience.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team the Director of Clinical Services must ensure the hospital team's provision of safe, effective, caring and responsive patient care in a safe, high-quality clinical environment in a way which maximises the financial and operational performance of the hospital. The Director of Clinical Services has a responsibility to ensure all appropriate measures are taken to maintain, promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of patients, employees and visitors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £50,000pa for this vacancy alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information or for an informal chat please contact Agnes Sloey (Executive Director) on######### or #########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 106 days ago