IT Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: IT Systems/Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £40,000 £50,000 per annum (+ car allowance, if applicable & phone allowance)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you passionate about IT? Would you like to pursue growth and learning? Do you like problem solving and embracing Innovation?
As a Client and Tech focused MSP, they have new opportunities for technically focused people looking to move their career onto the next level. Due to their commitment of delivering high level solutions to the expanding range of clients, they are looking for an IT Infrastructure specialist to join their technical team. They have Offices in Newbury and Manchester as well as a team of field engineers working out of London and you could become part of this dynamic team.
You will join the team of home based technicians based within London, ideally within a 50 minute commute into central London, providing both onsite and remote support for their SMB and predominantly their growing hospitalitybased clients across London as well as working on client related projects implementing new solutions. Theyre looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced system engineer who has experience of a wide array of IT technology and is comfortable working in both a technical support and project led environment.
They are looking for people with an enthusiasm for Technology, a skill set to deliver all requirements around a range of IT systems, along with the confidence to work on their own initiative. This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to work within a fast growing, yet established technology focused Managed Service Provider.
- Using tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients
- Troubleshooting support desk issues across a wide range of technologies, providing efficient longterm solutions
- Prebuild solutions and testing prior to system deployment
- PreSales Technical solutions design and assistance
- Being available to be deployed to a client site to resolve issues that require an onsite presence to complete
- Project related installations of IT systems and Solutions
- Liaising with 3rd parties to resolve issues with bespoke applications
- Updating a ticket management system to maintain a detailed record of all faults and fixes
- Maintaining technical documentation to ensure client records are up to date
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementations activities
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager and Project team you will be responsible for providing technical services and support for a variety of high end clients across a full range of technology systems provided by the company.
- A desire to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies
- A great team player with the ability to inspire confidence in clients through helping nontechnical people understand technical aspects
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services within the commercial sector.
- 3rd line support and field experience with advanced Microsoft desktop and server skills including Windows 8/10 and Windows Server 2012 to 2019
- Networking knowledge and skills with experience of maintaining converged network solutions
- WiFi deployment and support skills with either Ruckus, Aruba or Meraki systems
- Supporting (HP, Dell and IBM) and building Physical & virtual servers
- Demonstrable experience with AD, DHCP, DNS and group policy
- Office 365 & Azure knowledge and migration experience
- Knowledge of VMWare & Microsoft HyperV Hypervisors
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on premise using Datto, StorageCraft & VEEAM.
- IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable
- Knowledge of the technology used in the hospitality sector
- Knowledge of VOIP and support experience
- Candidates with Microsoft & Network Certifications would prove advantageous
- Hosted and Cloud based VOIP platforms.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server Infrastructure Engineer, Server Support Technician, ICT Systems Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Field Support Technician, Technical Support Engineer, Network Solutions Engineer, IT Network Support Engineer, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.
Posted 115 days ago