Nursery Assistant - Didcot | Zoek UK | 3144fc
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Didcot, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Position: Nursery Assistant
Salary: £19, per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
For this position, we are offering a Welcome Bonus of £300 (T&C’s apply)
Our Amazing Bright Horizons Didcot Day Nursery and Preschool are looking for a passionate Nursery Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. You don't need any specific qualifications or experience, just a real passion for working with children and we can teach the rest!
The nursery is a newly opened (2018), purpose built 112 place building, offering seven individual home-bases, each tailored to different age groups. The nursery has a large garden and play area which the children enjoy on a regular basis! We are less than a mile from the centre of Didcot with onsite parking.
As a Nursery Assistant working with Bright Horizons, you can expect a competitive salary, great company benefits including a retail discount scheme, and fantastic development opportunities.
Purpose of Role:
This role will be key in delivering high quality engagement with children supporting there developmental needs, whilst ensuring the highest levels of supervision is maintained. You must support and maintain our Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures and continuously demonstrate and adhere to safe working practices.
Support the observation and assessment standards Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach. Working in partnership with parents to support the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework. Working to ensure service excellence for our current and prospective customers. This includes role modelling behaviour in line our HEART principles and Bright Promise to deliver exceptional care and education.
In addition, this role will work with the room leader together with Early Childhood Specialists to drive continuous improvement and embed inspirational early years pedagogy of the highest standard and secure regulatory compliance with better than National Average inspection outcomes in the UK.
You will support in sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
* Work experience within the Early Years Sector
* Current 12hrs paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Experience as a key person
* Knowledge of the early year’s curriculum and regulatory requirement.
* Proven ability to work as part of team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Sound understanding of child protection and safeguarding children.
* Specific Experience of working within the 0-2years age group in accordance with the regulatory requirements if required
* Desire and passion for ongoing learning and personal development
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
* 12 hours paediatric first aid (Can be completed as part of induction)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (Can be completed as part of induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
* Ability to support and inspire children in achieving the highest standards of care and education.
* Able to manage workload and manage time effectively
* Able and competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills
We look forward to receiving your application