Financial Services Tax Consultant - East London | Zoek UK | 3261a4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Financial Services Tax Consultant - ATC, Grant Thornton
East London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
What is the Agile Talent Community (ATC)?
The Agile Talent Community is a network of contract professionals given the opportunity to work with our clients on a project-by-project basis and provided with strong support and development opportunities offered by Grant Thornton. You’ll get the freedom and advice to work in a way that suits you, that is compliant, and be able to choose the projects you take on, allowing you the independence to manage your time more effectively. The Agile Talent Community reflects the same values that sit at the heart of Grant Thornton: a commitment to diversity and inclusion, a client centric, quality driven ethos and a fundamental care for our people and doing what’s right, ahead of what’s easy.
Our ambition is that we are fully inclusive every day. This means that our working environment is one where everyone’s experience is important. Where people are treated fairly, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and where everyone feels safe to be themselves. We want to create a culture where it’s okay to ask questions and to understand more about different perspectives, so that we continuously educate and inform each other.
More about Tax
The Financial Services Tax (FS Tax) team is a sector specific team who provide a full range of tax compliance and advisory services to clients operating in the Financial Services (FS) sector. Our client base predominantly comprises businesses regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and/or its equivalent in foreign jurisdictions. This includes, but is not limited to: banks, insurance companies and brokers, investment managers and their funds (across all asset types), trading platforms, securities traders, corporate finance houses, peer to peer lenders, cryptocurrency traders etc.
Skills we’re looking for
- You will be ACA or ACCA and/or CTA Qualified or have an equivalent qualification.
- Experience in one of the following sectors would be a benefit but not essential: Asset Management, Banking, Insurance, Wealth Management or Investments.
- You will have a strong background in tax compliance.
- We will consider candidates who may not have worked in Financial Services Tax but have a desire to work in it and have relevant cross-over skills and experience.
- You will possess the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with stakeholders of all levels.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity:Once you become part of the Agile Talent Community, you will be exposed to a variety of short-term or long-term assignments within our FS Tax team enabling you to deliver exceptional service to our clients. On top of that, you will be able to continue growing your skillset, building up your experience and network of business connections all whilst working alongside the Grant Thornton’s team of experts. This position also gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere in the UK with occasional travel required to our London office.
- Development:We believe our success is intrinsically linked to yours and will provide necessary training and support whether you’re on a project or not. From helping you navigate incoming regulation for freelancers to providing dedicated points of contact and offering training, we will always be there to support, advise and help you develop.
- Independence:A project focus lets you take on work as and when you want. The projects themselves will generally be full time, but this control allows you to create room around them for other priorities. We know you will need scope to pursue other interests whether personal or professional. The Agile Talent Community provides you that space without restriction.
How to join
Step 1: Applying
You’ll first apply by sending us your CV. If your skills match what we are looking for, one of our recruiters will get in touch and walk you through the interview process.
Step 2: Interviewing
The interview process will begin with a pre-screening discussion with one of our recruiters where we’ll want to learn more about your skills, motivations, interests and preferred way of working. If there’s interest to continue, we’ll invite you to an interview with some of our key business leads that you may eventually work with. For some areas, there may be an additional requirement for a case or technical assessment as part of the interview process. If successful, the final step will be to complete the contracting process and background checks.
Step 3: Joining
Once your offer has been signed, you’ll be invited to join our Agile Talent Community and you’ll be ready to start working with our team to find the right opportunity! You’ll have a relationship manager that will be dedicated to your success, making sure you are aware of the training, development and networking opportunities available as well as being setup correctly to match you with the right projects based off your availability and skill sets.