Teaching Assistant Northampton (MLD/SLD/PMLD/ASC)
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£57 - £72 per day + Call to discuss
Permanent (Full time)
Teaching Assistant - Northampton
Daily Rate; £57-£70
Have you ever considered working with children who have Special Educational Needs?
Are you looking for rewarding work in a unique environment?
The school are providers of care and education for children with Moderate, Severe and Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (MLD, SLD, PMLD), some pupils have additional needs such as sensory impairment and Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
As a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant you'll be working with young people who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential. You will be teaching either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside the class. A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
The ideal candidate would have
- Full enhanced DBS. Should you not have a DBS, we can apply for one when you come in to register.
- Flexibility in your approach to support children both in small groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- Youth/Community or Care/Support work experience.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour and use a variety of teaching strategies, adapting to any situation.
- A strong interest in supporting children with behaviour and communication.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Experience working with children or adults with moderate learning difficulties, Emotional Behaviour Disorders or physical disabilities is essential.
If this sounds like the next step in your career or the perfect role for you then please send your CV or for more information call#########
Posted 100 days ago