Production Manager - Wigan | Zoek UK | 32ccf6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
A world class manufacturer requires a world class leader. Are you a Shift Manager, a Production Manager or a Manufacturing Manager, skilled at getting the very best from your team. Are you currently working within either manufacturing (automotive would be ideal), production or heavy engineering, but know you can do more. Our Wigan site needs you!
· Pension: 5% personal, 9% company
· Life Assurance 7x salary
· Private Healthcare
· Income Protection
· Company Sick Pay
· On Site Gym
· Free Car Parking
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Liverpool, Blackpool, Manchester, Preston, Bolton, Burnley, Rochdale, St Helens, Warrington, Northwich, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-On-Trent, Chester.
This Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Shift Manager role will appeal to you if:
· You love being in the thick of things, are a great motivator and supporting your team to be the best is what gets you out of bed.
· You want the autonomy to develop and shape a successful team.
· You want to work for a business that invests in you and your personal development (we will sponsor your continuing professional education).
Operating as 1 of 4 Shift Managers on a rotating Continental Shift, you will be responsible for driving your team of 50 towards world class manufacturing standards through the ongoing implementation of continuous improvement and promotion of best practices.
Through a combination of innovative, logical thinking and strong analytical skills you will:
· Ensure your production schedules are achieved.
· Monitor and control your labour budgets and resource plans.
· Deploy your team effectively to ensure maximum utilisation.
· See that your team are fully trained in the relevant aspects of H&S, quality and production.
· Coach and mentor your Shift Supervisors, Team Leaders and Production Operators to be the best they can be.
· Maintain process control plans and systems audits, providing regular reports to the Senior Management team.
· Be the senior representative during weekend and evening operations, responsible for all plant emergency procedures, operational developments and resources.
You won't be alone either as you'll regularly liaise with your peers across the other shifts, sharing best practice and supporting the rollout of new initiatives across the entire workforce. You'll also be fully supported by a dynamic and highly motivated Senior Management Team.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Shift Manager - manufacturing, production, heavy engineering or distribution
To be considered for this role you MUST have previous experience of managing of large teams (20+ people) within any of the following environments:
· Automotive, Aerospace or Marine Production / Manufacturing.
· Heavy Manufacturing.
· General Engineering or Factory environment.
· Industrial or Food Production.
You MUST be educated to a Level 5 Leadership Qualification (ILM) or equivalent and have knowledge of process control techniques and systems such as SPC, lean, DMAIC, FMEA, TPM, error proofing or 5S.
Regardless of your background you must be able to demonstrate how you have successfully built, lead, motivated and developed teams - showing clear evidence of business improvements.
We're a global specialist manufacturer and a world leader in our product field, with a history spanning more than 60 years. Our UK site is a 24/7 operation, employing 350 people and it has a reputation of consistently delivering outstanding quality products. With ongoing large-scale investment in new and upgraded plant we are set to be at the leading edge of our industry for years to come.
This is a highly autonomous position and will suit an individual looking to take ownership / responsibility to the success of their area of the business. As such we offer excellent opportunities for long-term career growth.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Shift Manager, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Factory Manager, Distribution Manager, Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Shift Leader - Industrial Production, Food Production, Heavy Manufacturing, General Engineering, Glass, Metal, Wood, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Marine, Electrical, Chemical, Machine, Packaging, Process Engineering, Plastic, Industrial, Food, Pharmaceutical.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note : Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH16540, Wallace Hind Selection