Trainer - Employability (ELed) - South
Unspecified (Full time)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employability Trainer to join our team at Babington, delivering in South on a 6 month fixed term with the view to become permanent.
Babington has a unique collaborative culture in which the senior team instils an open, honest and people orientated ethos to encourage a real sense of belonging. This creates a common sense of purpose around developing the future careers of young adults across the UK.
As an Employability Trainer you will effectively plan and deliver employability programmes whilst creating a positive, safe learning environment to support learners to achieve their full potential. You will provide aspirational tuition, support and guidance to learners throughout their learning journey, helping them to progress, achieve and reach their potential.
- Act as a subject matter specialist, driving the development and delivery of a robust training plan to Babington's specification
- Apply effective classroom management methods to provide inspirational and innovative learning episodes and engagements with learners
- Design and deliver differentiated lessons, embedding maths and English, to ensure active participation by all learners in the groups, leading to positive learning outcomes
- Conduct and interpret detailed skills gap analysis with learners to accurately identify learners starting points, prior achievements and experience
- Construct and maintain all learner documentation to reflect learner's characteristics and meet quality standards and funding compliance
- Ensure learner outcomes are achieved in a timely manner
- Ensure all learner work is marked and constructive feedback is given
- Conduct regular and timely progression reviews with learners as per the standard operating model, setting SMART targets and providing additional learner support as required
- Manage data relating to individual learner targets including working with other colleagues to ensure the onward progression of learners
- Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions
- Grade A-C GCSE in English and maths or equivalent
- Involvement of working with people to help to remove barriers and support progression into employment, education or training
- Experience of providing interactive and engaging training and development opportunities to adults
- Involvement of developing bespoke learning programmes and resources
- Experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training (or equivalent) teaching qualification or willingness to acquire one.
- CAVA (or equivalent) Assessors qualification.
- Level 3 vocational qualification which reflects our curriculum sectors
- Knowledge of developing individualised learning plans and SMART targets
- Experience of working with NEET cohorts
- Proven assessment track record and managing a caseload of more than 16 learners
- Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies
Posted 104 days ago