Transport Operator - Glasgow | Zoek UK | 338276
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Transport Operator (Nights)
Our client is looking for a Transport Operator to join their team. You’ll be on behalf of our client and its customers. Providing a first class service with their team in East Kilbride, working Monday - Friday(17:00 - 03:00).
Relevant COVID-19 precautions will be taken during the recruitment process for this role
Transport Operator Duties:
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- Liaise, support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation.
- Promotion and adherence to site policy and procedure.
- Managing Driver hours, WTD rules.
- To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
- Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly and Compliance is monitored.
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance.
- Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver digicards.
- Co-ordinate drivers including managing holiday and sickness cover.
- Query investigation and resolution.
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
- Record, monitor & be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG.
- Writing and issuing of any driver procedures and site processes.
- Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested.
- Participation in project work.
Transport Operator Requirements:
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues, which could potentially become problematic and avoid situations arising.
- Report writing on Customer Service activity and proposed recommendations on how improvements could be made for the benefit of the company and its customers.
- Planning or scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of transport systems.
Transport Operator Additional Benefits:
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Healthcare Cashplan for all employees and dependants, including dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Training opportunities and development plans
- Flexible working options
A bit about our client:
Our client has been delivering across the UK since 1833. Today, they are Logistic UK’s most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - they keep moving forwards.