Structural - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 33dfd6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
£40000 - £55000/annum Bonus, Healthcare, Work From Home
Permanent (Full time)
Singh & Jones are working with a well establied Facade Design Consultancy, who have a global appeal and are working on some high end projects. As an independantl family run business, my client are keen to stregnthen their commercial team by recruiting an experienced Facade Structural Engineer, with a core focus on Curtain Wall & Cladding projects.
The position will be reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, and naturally the duties will include,
* Analyse configurations of the basic components of Facade Structures
* Producing Thermal U Value calculations
* Being able to draw up condensation risk assessment using 2D/3D Softwares
* Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beams and frames
* Using Flixo or alternative softwares
* Using expertise to advise on structural designs and variations
* Liaise with other designers, including architects and main contractors
* Make drawings, specifications and computer models using AutoCAD and Tekla
* Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound
* Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures
* Lead and mentor junior staff
The ideal candidate will come from a similar background/role in Facades, who is a self starter. You will have a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience. Having a strong academic background, with a BSc/MSc in Structural or Civil Engineering is a paramount for this role. As my client operates in a niche Facade sector, it is imperative that the right candidate has Facade industry experience. The position will hold seniority within the team, so having mentoring and team building skills is an important part of the function