Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a Financial Accountant for a large distribution company in Birmingham.
Role Financial Accountant
Salary £50,000 £60,000
- Owning the preparation and submission of statutory financial statements for your respective entities.
- Preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations for the UK Review performance of UK business
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed Asset work including depreciation Vat, Intrastat and EC Sales Intercompany reconciliations and Tax packs
- Managing the relationship with the external outsourcing provider for non UK entities, ensuring that all financial statements and local filing obligations are prepared accurately and on time.
- Managing the budget for the outsourcing of statutory compliance work and the measurement of performance and review of future services provision.
- Proactively resolving issues escalated by the outsourcing provider, involving collaboration across functions and teams within the company.
- Building strong relationships with both group and local audit teams, ensuring timely preparation of audit deliverables and issue resolution in line with SOX regulations.
- Take Full ownership of all SOX compliance and audit work
- Being the key point of contact across the business to provide interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards or complex areas of accounting.
- Understanding the statutory adjustments under IFRS compared to US GAAP.
- Taking the lead in adhoc accounting projects as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) from a practice background, preferably top 10
- Experience of UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Up to date technical skills IFRS / FRS 102
- Proven communication, negotiation and influencing skills in working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Experience of US multinationals beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of excel
- Distribution industry fast paced working environment
- Multinational offices
- Great opportunities for progression
- Excellent working environment
Salary & Benefits
- £50,000 £60,000
- Competitive benefits package
- Fast progression opportunities
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacynotice.
Posted 5 days ago