An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Import Coordinator to join a busy shipping department at a prestigious client based in Yeovil.
The role will involve the following:
- Controlling the customs clearance process
- Preparing import documentation for submission for the HM Revenue & Customs
- Tracking components export from the USA against an export licence and producing the UK Export Licence report
- Ensuring appropriate records are maintained and are compliant with the Department for Business Innovation & Skills and HM Revenue & Customs
- Organising air/sea/road freight shipments from suppliers and customers world wide
- Ensuring that parts and components are delivered within the agreed service levels
- To act as point of contact for queries from various internal departments and communicate response in an efficient and timely manner.
Relevant experience and skills gained within a shipping / distribution environment would be desirable along with previous administration experience however, training will be provided. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team and need to have the ability to convey a message clearly and effectively to recipients in a variety of formats through all levels of the business. You must be computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.
Posted 29 days ago